To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Auburn Hills, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Principal CAE Engineer
Celanese • Auburn Hills, MI
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
WHO IS CELANESE? We’re engineers, scientists, operators and product developers. We’re innovators, advisers, designers and problem solvers. Most importantly, we’re partners – in creating value for our customers with the solutions we offer and in improving the world through the actions of our colleagues.
Celanese is The Chemistry Inside Innovation™ and we aspire to be the first-choice chemistry solution source for our customers.
We know what you’re thinking – that’s a lot to promise and that’s a lot to do. Well, we would agree with you, but we’re up for the challenge and we owe it to our customers, shareholders, and employees to deliver on our promise. WHAT
DOES CELANESE DO? We produce products that make our lives a little easier, by helping customers to bring their inspired ideas and innovations to life. From the global production network of our Acetyl Chain, we provide materials that are critical to the global chemicals and paints and coatings industries. From our broad portfolio of Materials Solutions, we advance automotive and consumer electronic designs and enable life-improving medical, food and beverage products – we offer solutions to our customers to help them succeed.
WHERE IS CELANESE? While we call Dallas, Texas home for our headquarters, we have approximately 7,500 employees working to serve our customers around the world. From Dallas to Amsterdam to Shanghai, we manage a global network of commercial offices, technical centers, and twenty-seven production facilities and additional strategic affiliate production facilities.
You can also find Celanese and our employees on our corporate blog, our technical blog, on social media like Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Weibo and at numerous events. Or, you will find us improving the world through the Celanese Foundation.
Purpose and Summary of position:
- The main purpose of this position is to technically support Celanese customers by providing solutions for their applications and problems; primarily by injection molding simulation.
- This person must be skilled and experienced in injection molding simulation and understand plastic part design.
- The person in this position must also give presentations and design seminars to external and internal customers. Through excellent technical skills and complete understanding of the customer requirements, the individual must propose and steer adequate solutions for the component and/or system design.
- This individual will have a close working relationships with the Celanese marketing and sales development personnel, technology partners as well as with engineers at key customer accounts to provide the right level of support for existing business and new development programs.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in CAE.
- Strong ability and solid experience in performing injection molding simulation with Autodesk Moldflow.
- Silver or Gold (Professional or Expert) Certified in Autodesk Moldflow Simulation Software
- Wide knowledge in plastics engineering and high performance polymers.
- Practical knowledge in injection molding process.
- Good presentation skills (verbal, written), a solution oriented mindset.
- Understanding of injection molding simulation and experience in simulating using Moldflow and/or Moldex 3D
- Accountability & Reliability: Is willing and able to set and meet ambitious project targets.
- Experience in performing injection molding simulations in shell and 3D elements.
- Experienced in plastic part design, tooling, and practical knowledge of the injection molding process.
- Efficient in pre-processing Hyperworks.
- Ability to simulate Autodesk Moldflow or Moldex 3D.
- Good communication skills to exactly understand customer’s requirements and professionally present solutions/results to internal and external customers.
- Sense of urgency and ability to deliver within required time frame. As well as strong ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent team spirit within global CAE team and when working with other teams.
- Accountability & Reliability: Is willing and able to set and meet ambitious project targets
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Polymer/Plastics Engineering, or related technical field