To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4803 West 96th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46268
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Schilli NationaLease • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Who We Are: Schilli NationaLease, a division of The Schilli Companies and subsidiary of Daseke, is dedicated to providing nationwide service through the NationaLease chain in the areas of truck leasing, rental, and maintenance operations. We have built our business on the belief that listening to our customers and providing them with personalized, high-quality services that meet and exceed their expectations is the key to success. Our passion for helping our customers, working together, and maintaining high standards of honesty and dependability have allowed us to enjoy continued prosperity since the formation of our original company, Schilli Motor Lines, in 1961.
Who We Need: We currently have a mechanic assistant position available at our Indianapolis, Indiana shop. For this position, we're looking for someone with a strong work ethic and a positive, helpful attitude to assist our mechanics with their duties. Ideally, this person will have a high interest in pursuing a future career as a diesel or trailer mechanic since our goal is to grow our mechanic assistants into these positions at our shop.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position with regularly scheduled hours Monday through Friday. Exact hours are flexible.
What You'll Do: The mechanic assistant's duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Driving a vehicle to retrieve diesel tractor and trailer parts
- Keeping both the indoor and outdoor areas of the mechanic shop clean and well-maintained
- Performing basic mechanical tasks on diesel tractors and trailers under the supervision of a mechanic or shop foreman
Our Offer: The starting base pay for this position is $11 / hour. We also provide a competitive full benefits package to all of our full-time employees that includes:
- Paid holiday and vacation time
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, and lab work plan
- Group term life insurance plan
- Flexible spending plan
- 401(k) retirement plan
How to Apply: To apply, please submit your resume and other materials through CareerBuilder only. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we request that you do not contact the office directly regarding the status of your application. You will be contacted by a member of the Human Resources Department if you appear to be a fit for the position or if we have any additional questions regarding your qualifications.
What We're Looking For: The ideal candidate for this position has the following qualifications:
- High school diploma, GED, or other equivalent required; Some coursework towards or completion of a certificate, diploma, or degree in mechanical area a strong plus
- Valid driver’s (operator) license required; Valid CDL license a plus
- Prior janitorial, labor, and / or mechanic experience a plus
- Mechanical aptitude
- Willing to follow instructions and learn from others
- Able to see clearly at close range in order to perform activities such as operating machines and motor vehicles for the entire work day
- Able to stand, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach to perform janitorial and mechanical tasks for the entire work day
- Able to effectively work in an environment with adverse atmospheric (fumes, odors, dusts, mists and/or gases which may affect the respiratory system and skin), weather (extreme heat or cold), and noise (loud enough to require the worker to shout to be heard above ambient noise level) conditions
- Able to manipulate up to 50 pounds to lift, push, pull, or otherwise move objects to perform janitorial and mechanical tasks frequently