To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
11400 Parkside Drive
Knoxville, TN 37934
- Lydia Strickland
- Phone: (865) 288-1306
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Customer Service Representative
Dura-Line • Knoxville, TN
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Responsible for managing the account/customer from the initial quote and order processing, through release for shipment. This position makes decisions using independent judgment and direction from Sales Management on various issues relative to pricing and customer satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Answer inquiries from customers and provide quotes in a prompt and professional manner
- Process customer order within the same business day
- Track order, perform necessary follow up and release order for shipment
- Communicate any deviation in the delivery process to the customer
- Monitor accounts sales activity and determine course of action based on demand
- Communicate with Regional Sales Manager, Sales Senior Management, and Marketing Manager as needed
- Use authority to determine pricing and ensure the accuracy of pricing within provided guidelines
- Resolve pricing discrepancies and communicate decision to appropriate party
- Determine appropriate resolution and administration of complaints, returns and credits
- Research technical questions and capability questions with R&D and Plant Managers.
- Provide technical and procedural information and instructions while working with the technical support teams
- Review, interpret, and prepare customer purchase orders for data entry, ensuring that customer requirements can be met.
- Review, adjust and verify sales representative commission on all orders and reports
- Interface with scheduling, manufacturing, shipping and finance departments
- Generate reports to management as necessary
- Maintain work related files and record keeping
- Adhere to set standards, operating procedures and policies – Customer Service SOP
- Support ISO initiative to assure adherence to policies and procedures required by customer service
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate Degree (post high school education along with 3 years relevant customer service experience may be substituted)
- Strong computer proficiency
OCCUPATIONAL AND/OR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Understand costing and margins
- High attention to detail
- Ability to apply sound business practices and make decisions
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Good math skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Familiarity with product detail
- Requires talking and hearing
- Office environment