To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Schaumburg, IL
- Tonja Sommers - Cybersecurity Recruiting division
- Phone: 714-636-3087
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cyber Threat Analyst /Information Security /Cybersecurity
RED SKY Consulting • Schaumburg, IL
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Cyber Threat Analyst Information Security - Cybersecurity
Position type: Direct hire
Location: Northwest Suburbs of Chicagoland (Illinois) **Work remote 2-3 days per week**
Client: A Fortune 150 multi-billion revenue global entity. A true leader in their space touch millions of lives daily.
In a nutshell / “Bottom-Line”
- Coding experience, familiarity with Python.
- Experience in integrating different data sources together.
- Able to effectively ingest and translate that information into a viewable rational platform.
- Background in analytics in general.
- Knowledgeable in cybersecurity applications
- Preferred (not required experience)
- Desired NOT required- Experience in the intelligence community (CIA, FBI, other 3 letter agencies)
- No formal degree required.
GIS Strategic Cyber Threat Analyst will conduct cyber threat intelligence analysis which includes:
- Proactively research emerging cyber threats; apply analysis techniques to better understand the adversary's capabilities and intent.
- Real-time monitoring of third party security feeds and forums to gather information on vulnerabilities and exploits pertinent to the organization.
- Perform regular analysis of internal log data to better understand and identify common threats and exploits realized by the organization.
- Produce technical intelligence reporting to provide an accurate depiction of the current threat landscape and associated risk through the use of open source and vendor reporting.
- Help advice “The Cleint” leadership on the appropriate strategy to mitigate risk from strategic cyber threats.
The Strategic Cyber Threat Analyst will produce detailed reports of findings and communicate these findings to technical and non-technical audiences.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILIES:
- Perform external and internal threat discovery, define and categorize the threat, characterize the risk posed to “The Cleint” information systems, assess the likelihood of exploitation, and develop courses of action to implement mitigating controls.
- Maintain knowledge of latest cyber threats and industry best practices.
- Perform root cause analysis of incidents realized by the organization; develop and recommend courses of action to mitigate the threat posed to the business.
- Research hackers, hacker techniques, vulnerabilities, exploits and provide detailed briefings and intelligence reports to leadership.
- Understand the enterprise architecture and how each component contributes to security.
- At least four years of cyber security experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred.
- Ability to formulate cyber security strategies for a large enterprise to meet cyber threats.
- Ability to communicate to an executive audience.
- Ability to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to research and analyze vulnerabilities, incidents and cyber breaches.
- Experience with current cyber threats and associated tactics, techniques, and procedures used to infiltrate computer networks.
- Experience in Intelligence collection, analysis, and reporting/dissemination processes and procedures preferred.
- Previous work with Splunk, Tanium and Maltego preferred.
- Experience using analytic platforms to organize and correlate large volumes of network log data preferred.
Small team of 5-6 individuals
• Group Information Security (local, regional and global)
• Risk Officers
• Compliance Officers
• Privacy Officers
• Physical Security
• Corporate Investigation units
• Supplier Management
• Security vendors
Requires some travel to Corporate Centers, but travel will typically not exceed 10%.
THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY WITH A FIRST-CLASS COMPANY
RED SKY Career Opportunities at: http://redsky-consulting.com/career-portal/#/jobs
RED SKY Consulting Candidate and Client Referral Program!
Do you know other IT professionals?
Turn those relationships into Moneiy (misspelled intentionally) & help friends get work
RED SKY Consulting is offering a fantastic opportunity for you to earn extra moneiy.
If you refer to us a Manager of people or skilled professionals, we will link your name to that person for 18 months.
If we employ or place that individual or place people into that company thru that manager
then we will pay 2500!