To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Schofield, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Information Technology
Wausau Supply Company • Schofield, WI
Posted 5 days ago
Travel - Negligible
Experience - At least 5 year(s)
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Competitive Compensation Package
Packaging, Other Great Industries
Information Technology, Professional Services, Other
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Director of Information Technology (IT) is responsible for the technological direction of the company. Purposes budgets for projects, purchases and upgrades equipment, supervises staff and presides over IT related projects. The Director of IT analyzes the business requirements of all departments and conducts feasibility studies to determine the best application of resources.
Duties to include, (but not limited to):
- Ensure security and compliance of data across our network to prevent data breach, identity theft, etc.
- Provide project management oversight for all IT related initiatives including planning, organizing and delineating project responsibilities to meet business goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain a partnership with our IT vendors to ensure smooth investments and upgrades of hardware and services.
- Develop and continually improve the enterprise data management (both transactional data and social media) building and improving business intelligence to provide relevant data for business process management, operations and budgeting.
- Provide clear understanding how technology fits and can be leverage to achieve the corporate budget and strategy.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
- Provide leadership, vision and management to the IT department.
- Work with the key stakeholders across the organization to assess and respond to IT needs.
- Hold departmental meetings to review strategic goals and initiatives, promote team building and work to provide growth paths for staff.
- Provide day-to-day supervision, conduct performance reviews, formulate goals and expectations and delegate work assignments for all IT personnel.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring and providing appropriate training for IT support staff.
- Responsible for the ordering, acquisition, inventorying and disposition of hardware and software.
- Maintain the integrity and continual operation of the IT network including the wireless networks.
- Ensure the continual functioning of mission critical operations.
- Perform the functions of the Regulatory Compliance Officer (HIPPA, PCI-DSS).
- Develop, submit and report on the IT Budget.
- Write month and year end departmental summary reports.
A Director of Information Technology will possess and/or demonstrate the ability to:
- Select appropriate communication methods to keep all departments adequately informed.
- Organize and prioritize to keep projects and personnel across disciplines progressing.
- Collaborate with the Executive Management Team to locate innovative and strategic solutions.
- Coach, train and mentor on all aspects of IT as appropriate.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Display professional behavior to all internal and external contacts in conjunction with policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Apply vision and creativity in strategic development.
Education / Experience:
- Possess a minimum of a four year degree from an accredited college or university in information technology, computer sciences, business administration or related field and a minimum of five years of experience in technical operations management and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Working Demands / Physical Requirements:
- Flexibility of hours to adapt to seasonal needs.
- Sitting and computer use.
- Travel as required.
Chief Financial Officer.
A Director of Information Technology will exemplify the high standards that have come to be associated with WSC. As an ESOP owner, acting with honor, integrity and positivity is imperative. The Director of Information Technology’s prime objective is to serve as a strategic partner and participate in the formulation and execution of t strategic IT goals and technological solutions to serve all company entities.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.