To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Brunswick, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Industrial Hygienist
BUREAU VERITAS NORTH AMERICA • New Brunswick, NJ
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Bureau Veritas’ North Brunswick, NJ office seeks an experienced industrial hygienist interested in growing their career by working with a team of professional Industrial Hygienists that are dedicated to helping clients meet their growing challenges of health, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. The selected candidate for this full-time opportunity will provide best-in-class chemical, physical, and biological exposure assessment services to local, regional, and national clients. Responsibilities include: field implementation of programs and procedures to meet and exceed the goals of the exposure assessment service request, communication of the exposure estimate; and evaluation of the impact of the proposed controls. Candidates should be knowledgeable about worksite processes and agents, pertinent occupational exposure limits, sampling protocols, and hierarchy of controls.
This position will be responsible for evaluating workplace health exposure risks for a wide variety of clients, with a special emphasis in manufacturing and power sectors.
- Self-starter capable of working independently with minimal supervision or direction;
- Prepares proposals and industrial hygiene sampling plans;
- Able to apply the fundamentals of IH to gather, document, and report monitoring data and make exposure judgments under the supervision of a certified industrial hygienist,
- Selects appropriate monitoring instruments for use and sets exposure evaluation strategies;
- Capable of calibration of sampling pumps, using both primary and secondary standards, for aerosols (total, inhalable, thoracic, and respirable fractions), gases, fumes, and vapors;
- Collects complex exposure measurement data using scientific industrial hygiene methodology;
- Capable of selecting and using direct reading instruments;
- Determines and communicates the most appropriate OEL or OEL range against which to compare exposures;
- Applies appropriate calculation methods for chemical and noise exposure assessments;
- Develops recommendations to control exposures, using the hierarchy of controls;
- Recognize common signs and symptoms that may indicate an occupational illness or exposure
- Employs technical writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)which allow for developing draft reports that are grammatically correct, easy to read, technically competent, and are client ready upon submittal for senior review.
- Additional task as assigned.
- Short duration travel required.
- Education: B.S. required
- Experience: 3 – 5 years of industrial hygiene experience