To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
· History of prior customer service experience.
· Basic knowledge of medical terminology and medical specialties (admission and consult).
· Ability to communicate in English clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to take direction, work independently and as part of a group.
· Knowledge of specialized medical transport equipment and resources (LVAD, balloon pump, isolette, ventilator)
· Ability to simultaneously and accurately document phone conversations in writing and/or electronically
· Must be able to sit for an extended period of time and wear a telephone headset.
· High degree of proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to type a minimum of forty (40) words per minute.