To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1403 West 10th Place
Tempe, AZ 85281
- Danya Diaz
- Phone: 623-404-3122
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Avila Retail Development • Tempe, AZ
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Company Concept: Today travelers find the shopping and dining in airports to be a richer experience than in years past and plan to spend more time at the airport to browse unique and interesting stores to enhance their entire travel event. Avila Retail has been creating concepts and redefining customer service with this in mind for more than 22 years. I invite you to visit our website at www.avilaretail.com for more company information.
Overview: Partnering with the Terminal Manager and/or General Manager, this position supports the mission and vision of Avila Retail and drives sales for a specific store. Responsible for assisting the Terminal Manager and/or General Manager by supervising all daily selling activities and leading the Sales Associates in a specific store. Responsibilities include assisting the selling process, driving customer service through coaching and mentoring selling behaviors; teaching product knowledge and communicating policies and procedures.
Key Accountabilities: (essential job functions)
1. Sales Leader – Drive and exceed daily sales goals by executing selling standards. Lead the push toward effective selling through coaching and mentoring. This includes established selling techniques, upselling, bundle suggestions, etc. Ensure accuracy of promotional presentation and communicate advertising and sales information to sales associates.
2. Customer Service – Coach Sales Associates to consistently deliver effective selling behaviors resulting in high customer engagement. Ensures Sales Associates have product knowledge to help customers make educated buying decisions. Models world class customer service and keeps Sales Associates focused on Avila service standards.
3. Store Operations – Facilitator and leader of the “Store Action Planner”, a tool that sets the daily agenda for supervising the work shift. Opening and closing of stores. Facilitates restocking of merchandise, operational supplies, maintaining register areas and performing general housekeeping. Review reports, identify deficient areas and partners with Terminal Manager and/or General Manager to implement action plans.
4. Team Leader- To lead impartially, treat all associates fairly. To preserve working structures by calling for adherence to policies. To acknowledge the contributions of team members. Assists Terminal Manager and/or General Manager in developing and reinforcing recognition programs to reward associates and encourage positive efforts.
5. Training – Assists in new Sales Associate orientation process, develops/enhances and carries out training programs to improve customer service and provides job training for staff members in sales enhancement systems, product awareness and register training.
6. Security/Safety – Assists Terminal Manager and/or General Manager in assuring stores are operating within procedural guidelines for cash accountability, merchandise, store awareness and customer and employee safety. Establish a high level of inventory shrink awareness and prevention.
Other Information: The major challenges of this position are a strong ability to establish rapport with persons on many different levels. Additionally, need to be self-motivated, committed to the mission and vision of Avila Retail and have the ability to interact with all levels of the community, customers, store associates, vendors and other business partners. Must be an excellent communicator, an effective leader, as well as a good delegator and well organized. Role is geared toward “role model” sales associate personnel.
Other duties may be assigned to this position based on the needs of the business.
Qualification Standards: (skills/knowledge, experience, and education)
1. If internal associate, a minimum of one year successful experience as an Avila Retail Sales Associate with a strong interest to move into leadership roles or a minimum of one year supervisory experience in a specialty retail organization or a retail environment.
2. If external candidate, a minimum of 2 years working as a sales supervisor or equivalent position in a retail environment.
3. Ability to collaborate and function as an effective team member
4. Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles.
5. Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards.
6. Must be extremely organized and able to successfully motivate and lead others.
7. Minimum of one year computerized cash register and PC experience required.
8. Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
9. Effective written and oral communication skills
Physical /Environment Aspects: Minimal physical effort required in this position. Dexterity, visual acuity, hearing, speaking is necessary. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis. This position requires walking and standing for long periods of time.