To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
240 Industrial Road North
Covington, TN 38019
- Tammy Conrad
- Phone: 901-249-1310
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Personnel Placements LLC • Covington, TN
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Title: Melt Operator
Reports To: Shift Coach
Job Purpose Summary:
- This position is responsible for supply to the melt operation for liquid sucrose manufacture and can either be batch or continuous melt processing. This role works closely with the Filter Press Operator and Load-Out Operator to ensure the correct targets are met for chemical composition. This position manages the coming raw material with the Warehouse functions and bulk systems to ensure production goals are met. Incoming raw materials are testing and liquid batches analyzed according to company procedure. This position is also responsible for the safe and clean operation of activities within their area of responsibility.
- Follow proper Work Instruction procedures for the melting of sugar, lab testing for conformance to specification and all aspects of product integrity.
- Create batch documentation for inventory management and traceability.
- Coordinate production with Shift Coach and Inventory Manager to meeting production objectives.
- Introduce carbon into the system necessary to hit target color specs as required.
- Ensure the proper security of the melting area for biosecurity purposes
- Maintain equipment as directed and ensure the work area is clean at all times.
- Operate and maintain a forklift or other equipment for positioning or managing material as needed.
- Sample product as required by Quality instructions and perform qualified testing as required.
- Perform sanitation on equipment as required.
- Follow GMP and other quality processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Jobs Supervised (by title):
- No direct reports
- Education and Experience:
- Ability to work in a food manufacturing environment
- Previous food industry experience is preferred
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be adaptable and flexible
- Ability to communicate and understand expectations for role
- Ability to work independently
- Recordkeeping / documentation skills
- Basic understanding of laboratory testing equipment
- Basic understanding of documentation needed for process
- Ability to speak and write English at a basic level
Materials and Equipment Directly Used:
- Forklifts and other manufacturing equipment for the receiving, movement and management of materials and granular sugar in totes or bags if needed
- Office machinery including: Calculator, computer, printers, copiers, etc.
Working Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping and climbing.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate manufacturing equipment, keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision (including colors) to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports and laboratory results.
- Requires lifting up to 75+ pounds. Requires exposure to machines, chemicals and solvents.
- Work environment can be hot, humid, dusty or cold depending on the time of year. Employees may be required to work in or outside of the building depending on the needs of the role.
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people and conditions.
- Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
- Must understand people and be able to communicate effectively.