To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
364 Chestnut Ridge Road
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677
- Daniel Lodato
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Director of Housekeeping
The Bristal Assisted Living • Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Posted 2 months ago
At the present time we are seeking a Director of Housekeeping who is meticulous and pays extraordinary attention to detail for our beautiful and luxurious Assisted Living Community.
In this working supervisory role, the Director of Housekeeping will be responsible for the planning, organization, development and direction of the overall operation for the housekeeping and laundry service areas of an Assisted Living Residence to include both Resident rooms and common areas of the property, The Housekeeping Director is required to inspect, maintain and assure that the highest degree of Resident quality and comfort is preserved at all times.
- Plan work schedules to ensure adequate service and coverage
- Responsible for all employee hiring decisions and staff scheduling for the Housekeeping Department
- Inspect and evaluate physical condition of all areas of the building, coordinating with the Maintenance Department for any needed repairs
- Inspect all work in progress completed by staff or outside contractors and maintains cleanliness checklists
- Train staff and conduct monthly in-services for staff
- Maintain strict inventory and order supplies as needed
- Maintain all files and records consistent with the adequate functioning of the departments
- Performs regular inspections of Resident areas and rooms for sanitation, safety and proper performance of assigned duties
- Oversees shampooing of rugs for both Resident and common areas
- Ensure proper safety and security regarding Resident belongings and items used in carrying out housekeeping and laundry functions
This position requires working one weekend day shift per week: Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday schedule.
- Prior experience managing a housekeeping staff required (Applicants without management experience will not be considered)
- Hotel/Hospitality or similar luxury residency property industry experience preferred
- A pleasant and courteous demeanor when dealing with peers, staff, guest, residents and management
- Must be very thorough with cleaning practices
- Experience providing cleaning services in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with a senior population preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills