To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Medfield, MA 02052
- Michael Harris
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Electrical Service Manager
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A client of mine is a highly respected and extremely busy electrical contracting company in the Metro West Boston area. We are seeking a qualified Electrical Service Manager to join our team.
The Electrical Service Manager will be responsible for customer service, employee management and providing services that exceed the residential and commercial customer’s expectations. Also, ensuring technicians are dispatched to provide service in a timely, efficient and effective manner. This candidate will also provide accurate estimates and proposals to customers that ensure their needs are met or exceeded the first time, and every time.
- Manage the administrative and customer service functions of the Service Department
- Maintain open and positive communication (both in verbal and written form) with employees, departments, customers and vendors
- Maintain appropriate staffing level and workload distribution to meet customer and business needs
- Ensure compliance with company policies and recommend policy changes as needed
- Responsible for the efficient operation of the Service Department and expense control
- Proactive and reactive management of all service personnel including hiring, training, motivation, career development, reviews and safety
- Organize and present at weekly tech meetings and safety training
- Perform annual merit reviews and development planning for service personnel
- Analyze service productivity and recommend changes to improve customer service and profitability
- Maintain high quality service delivery in an efficient, productive and profitable manner
- Oversee warehouse, inventory and vehicle management
- Organize, coordinate and schedule all scheduled maintenance, replacement and Customer service work orders
- Understand that each contact with a customer should result in a better relationship with that customer.
- Work to build the relationship between customer and PMECI.
Be proactive when technicians are in need of support.
Fully understand the capabilities of all Technicians.
Provide continuous feedback to the Technician regarding performance
- On-call emergency work can be expected 7 days a week. A cell phone is provided and is required.
- A proven track record of working well under pressure and the ability to calmly problem-solve in many types of situations.
- Ability to trouble-shoot, work independently and be flexible regarding frequent changes in schedule.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills and great follow up.
Comfortable communicating with multiple people and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Master or Journeyman license for the State of Massachusetts preferred
- (5) years of experience of managing (3) or more electricians and service technicians in a residential electrical service & maintenance operation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required
- Applicant must be familiar with a variety of the electrical field's concepts, practices, best practice, and procedures including the technical ability to understand and interpret Electrical Codes, Life Safety Codes, Residential Service work, and Lighting Systems where applicable
- Experience and knowledge of electrical applications, permits, electrical maintenance goals