To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2200 East Route 66
Glendora, CA 91740
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Visual Merchandise Manager
Armstrong Garden Centers • Glendora, CA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Armstrong Garden Centers, Inc.
Position: Visual Merchandise Manager
Together, Armstrong Garden Centers and Pike Nurseries is the largest independent retail garden center in the United States. With over 50 retail, wholesale and production facilities in California, Georgia and North Carolina, Armstrong and Pike are leaders in every facet of the green industry. Our pride of ownership can be seen in all that we do – from our exceptional services to our quality plant material all of which are outshined by the fabric of our company and reason for our success – our associates.
Oversee the retail process of merchandising through plan-o-grams and printed handbooks to increase uniformity and sales at all retail sites using independent decision-making skills utilizing a team of visual merchandisers. This position reports to the Vice President of Real Estate Development and Merchandise and works in partnership with multiple corporate and retail business partners to develop and implement relevant programs, merchandising plans, etc…This position is based out of the Glendora, CA corporate office and will require regional travel throughout California.
This position is responsible for the following items including, but not limited to:
- Manage the visual merchandising team. Note: although the VMs report directly to the store’s management team, this position is responsible for VM training, coaching, performance assessment and hiring.
- Implement merchandising plans through development and collaboration with buyers on product merchandising plans.
- Manage success through sales analysis of plan-o-grams.
- Produce bi-monthly end cap plan-o-grams.
- Work with Marketing and Advertising to determine Showcase Plant material and any other displays that tie to marketing initiatives and analyze sales performance.
- Design merchandising layout for new stores including the design and procurement of all fixtures.
- Merchandise and set-up new stores. Create merchandising plans and timelines to set up new stores and remodel existing stores.
- Plan timelines to implement seasonal displays.
- Execute and follow-up with retail floor plan re-sets.
- Maintain current seasonal floor plan files.
- Photograph product and displays.
- Create product/display info set up sheets to distribute to retail stores
- Create cross merchandising strategies.
- Compile, print and assemble hand book for merchandising standards.
- Create Monthly sales Planner—this informs stores the monthly display and signage moves required
- Oversees any partnership flower shows / trade shows with others, i.e. Macy’s Flower Show
- Partner with our in-house sign department to create necessary signage for new products, programs and seasonal rollouts.
- Partner with the training department to train new VM’s and management trainees on our companies VM standards.
- Create and maintain store walk lists and tally sheets.
- Key member and leader of Learn to Grow program – assist with all design, layout and site preparation.
Expected travel is approximately 50-75% and will be required to support stores throughout entire Armstrong division.
Salary range: will commensurate with experience
Employment status: Full-time
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership
- 401k with discretionary match
- Vacation and Holiday pay
- Bonus Opportunities
- Company vehicle
Job Type: Full-time
This position requires a dynamic and motivated self-starter who is capable of working both independently and with a team. The ideal candidate is an energetic and creative individual who is focused and driven on achieving results and meeting deadlines. This position will be required to maintain a strong operational understanding so as to best assist with store operational needs and merchandising sets.
This position will require the ability to complete multiple cross-functional projects while maintaining the general requirements of the position in a time-sensitive environment.
Candidates must have 3-5 years of previous retail and visual merchandising experience
Additional requirements include (but are not limited to):
- Previous retail merchandising experience in a leadership role (preferred)
- Exceptional creativity and initiative
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs on a regular basis and 50-100 lbs occasionally