To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
- Jimmy Smart
- Phone: 7702429966
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Reporting to the Desktop Support Manager, the Desktop Temp is responsible for providing expert-level Tier II user support and desktop assistance for UMass Boston faculty, staff and students, primarily on the Apple Macintosh platform. The temp will be responsible for building positive relationships with customers and delivering timely, courteous and expert-level customer support through office visits, at the walk=in desks, over the phone and/or through the use of remote troubleshooting tools. S/he will take ownership of complex technical issues, working individually or with others as needed, to resolve even the most advanced issues. This position provides exposure to a broad and deep range of IT related projects and activities.
- Review and work on tickets in the service management system; acknowledge unassigned tickets and contact users; update assigned tickets with actions taken and solutions keep users informed on progress.
- Work on and close approximately 18 – 22 tickets per week.
- Use other available support tools, such as documentation and knowledge articles, remote troubleshooting software, and desktop management systems to support the work.
- Perform hardware/software troubleshooting for computers running MacOS, and peripherals and mobile devices.
- Image/Re-image and deploy MacOS computers; install/upgrade operating systems, desktop management tools, and end-user application software; deliver computers to client offices and perform data back-up and retrieval as needed.
- Provide support for set-up, network installation, and use of various departmental printers.
- Provide support for new/moved/changed network connections; Troubleshoot end-user issues with wireless and wired network connectivity.
- Promote safe computing practices by encouraging the use of backup and anti-virus utilities, and by monitoring for endpoint security issues; patch systems and install software to protect against viruses/malware.
- Perform minor physical work such as moving computers, monitors and printers across campus as needed.
- Work at the IT service desk as Tier I frontline user support as needed or assigned.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with Macintosh, as well as basic knowledge of Windows.
- Strong interpersonal skills which facilitate positive working relationships with both co-workers and end users.
- Service desk and desktop support experience.
- Desire and willingness to work with end users and provide high-quality customer service to people at all levels.
- Ability to lift at least 20 pounds is required.