To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
825 Euclid Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64124
- Tonasha Sylvester
- Phone: 816-889-4673
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Certified Medical Assistant ($$ 300 Sign On Bonus $$)
Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center • Kansas City, MO
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Samuel U Rodgers Health Center is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant in the following areas:
- Cabot location- 2121 Summit Street, KC MO
- Float (Medical Clinics)
The Certified Medical Assistant's role is to assist the Providers and assure that data is gathered efficiently, patients are prepared for exams, and results/needs are communicated to patients under the direct supervision of the primary care providers. The goal at SURHC is to create and maintain an environment in which all members of the Care Team feel both respected and empowered to actively contribute to patient care and to the continuous improvement of the clinic's processes. Must be bi-lingual/Spanish for consideration.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Record patients’ medical history, vital statistics, test results in electronic medical records
- Authorize new prescription, drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies within scope of practice and without using interpretative judgment.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completed course work with certification.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and acceptable approved abbreviations.
- Certification from an accredited school for Medical Assistance or Associate degree in Medical Assistance
- Current Health Care Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association (AHA) or Health Care Provider from Red Cross. Must have current BLS card or in the process of getting CPR certified before hire.
- Must have and show the ability to provide full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting inappropriate times.
- Must be able to speak to others to convey information effectively.
- Have the awareness of other’s reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Bi-lingual- Spanish is a plus!