Samuel U Rodgers Health Center is seeking a Medical Assistant in the following areas:
- Cabot location- 2121 Summit Street, KC MO
- Float (Medical Clinics)
We are currently offering a $500 sign-on bonus. The Medical Assistant's role is to assist the Providers and assure that data is gathered efficiently, patients are prepared for exams, and results/needs are communicated to patients under the direct supervision of the primary care providers. The goal at SURHC is to create and maintain an environment in which all members of the Care Team feel both respected and empowered to actively contribute to patient care and to the continuous improvement of the clinic's processes.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Record patients’ medical history, vital statistics, test results in electronic medical records
- Authorize new prescription, drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies within scope of practice and without using interpretative judgment.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completed medical assistant course work.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and acceptable approved abbreviations.
- Current Health Care Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association (AHA) or Health Care Provider from Red Cross. Must have current BLS card or in the process of getting CPR certified before hire.
- Must have and show the ability to provide full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting inappropriate times.
- Must be able to speak to others to convey information effectively.
- Have the awareness of other’s reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Bi-lingual- Spanish is a plus!
Basic Life Support
Electronic Medical Record
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
The Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center has been a leader in providing quality, compassionate health care to the Kansas City community for over 40 years. Your health is important to us. We have an experienced and dedicated team of physicians, nurses, therapists and support staff providing medical, dental and behavioral health services to almost 19,000 patients each year. Those patients span in age from infants, children and teens, to adults and seniors, who rely on us to meet their health care needs. We have 8 locations to serve you in the Kansas City region - in the heart of Kansas City, the Northland, Independence, Clay County and in rural Lafayette County.
View the full profile
If you're looking for a medical home, look to us…..the Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center.