To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tampa, FL
- Kim Kirsch
- Phone:: 865-531-6956
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Pediatric Registered Nurse
After Hours Pediatrics • Tampa, FL
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing quality pediatric patient care on shift and managing clinic and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents After Hours Pediatrics by displaying a respectful and caring manner with patients and their families. Independently problem solves and utilizes resources to obtain patient information when patient is unable to communicate. Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Creates a welcoming environment and acts as a patient advocate
- Observes, assesses, triages, and takes action on all patients according to protocol
- Provides quality patient care:
- Obtains vital signs and patient history
- Administers medications
- Performs and/or assists in procedures,
- Performs labs on patient samples and lab controls according to protocol
- Gives aftercare instruction and discharges/transfers patients
- Documents all assessments, actions, care and treatment responses, and communications in patient record in EMR, logs and requisitions
- Executes physician orders and involves patient/family in plans
- Supervises, ensuring all duties and protocols performed
- Attends training sessions and meetings as required
- Maintains and orders supplies, medications, and equipment for assigned site
- Maintains/manages clinic including cleaning, heating/cooling, lighting, maintenance and other
- Involves self in ongoing training of clinical staff
- Takes call as assigned including covering sick calls and making self available to other sites for questions, concerns and complaints
- Evaluate and counsel staff
- Address patient issues/concerns
- Complies with quality assurance, HIPAA, customer service, infection control, and safety guidelines and other policies as set forth.
- Ensures cleanliness of office and clinical environment
- Assists Director of Operations in conjunction with Human Resources regarding clinical staff performance, etc.
- Ensures adequate and appropriate patient follow-up with referrals and diagnostic testing. Contributes to patient care through patient and family education, distributing resource literature and community service recommendations and referrals as needed.
- Interacts calmly, respectfully and in a friendly manner with other representatives of services at After Hours Pediatrics. Refers patients to proper resources including transfer, follow up and appointments as necessary.
- Participates in ongoing training of self and clinical staff attending training sessions and meetings as required.
- Participate in development and implementation of general policies and procedures to provide for the physical and emotional comfort and safety of patients. Maintains competence through continuing education and in-service training.
- Other duties as assigned and requested.
- Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job requirement.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- BSN preferred, Associates Degree required
- Current licensure in State of Florida
- Emergency room/urgent care/ICU experience required
- Three (3) years of clinical pediatric experience required
- Experience in charge nursing in pediatric environment preferred
- Must have advanced skills necessary to care for pediatric population
- Current PALS certification required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional IV skills demonstrated from newborn to adolescence
- Ability to perform patient intake and document problems appropriately
- Ability to identify critical illness and act accordingly
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and pharmacological therapies
- High degree of verbal communication and interpersonal skills to determine needs, provide information, instruct, and provide emotional support
- Ability to address and resolve conflict in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to be flexible
- Strong planning, judgment, problem solving, organizational, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to perform detail-oriented work.
- Ability to work independently yet in conjunction with a team.
- Ability to adapt to a changing and growing atmosphere.
- Ability to speak in a group setting. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Courteous and professional demeanor.
- Willingness to work as a team player to meet common goals of the facility.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when handling difficult clients/stressful situations.
- Promote positive department morale through effective teamwork.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Job performed in a well-lighted, modern medical setting
- Potential exposure to illness/disease
- Potential exposure to hazardous chemicals/materials
- Occasional travel locally
- Occasional lifting/carrying (20 pounds or less)
- Moderate to high stress level
- Prolonged sitting/standing/bending
- Moderate computer/PC work/telephone use
This position may require manual dexterity and/or frequent use of the computer, telephone, 10-key, calculator, office machines (copier, scanner, fax) and/or the ability to perform repetitive motions and/or meet production standards to comply with the essential functions. Also, may require physical and/or mental stamina to work overtime, additional hours beyond a regular schedule and/or more than five days per week.