To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nashville, TN 37202
- Jim Bernier
- Phone: 401-641-5487
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Field Service Technician
Black-Peak Technology, Inc. • Nashville, TN
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our Client is seeking a Field Service Technician for a temp-to-hire position in the Nashville TN & Memphis TN area(s). Details follow. If you are qualified and interested, please forward a Word copy of your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] with Subject code: FST-TN
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Job ID: FST-TN
Position Type: Temp-to-hire
Location: Nashville, TN & Memphis, TN area(s)
Pay: ($19 up to $22 hour) plus Overtime
Education: Associate degree or higher strongly preferred
As a Field Service Technician you will be responsible for coordinating all maintenance, repair and installations for packaging machinery and system activity at customer locations to include; pre-installation site review, equipment installation, preventive maintenance, and any service necessary to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize downtime.
- Identify and communicate customer needs to internal support group(s).
- Coordinates and performs system & machine installations.
- Performs all machine services including PM’s and all service calls required to keep the customer operational.
- Provides film and void-fill, packing machinery feedback to all support groups ensuring continuous improvement of products and systems.
- Develop and assists with the action plans and follow-thru for any issue escalation needed.
- Maintains mobile parts inventory necessary to support the equipment and systems in the region.
- Resolves customer issues via the phone when possible.
- Follows all service guidelines and records service activity in the Oracle database.
- Participate in field trials and evaluations for existing and new equipment including supplies and accessories to complete product improvements.
- Completes safety training, complies with the safety program, and supports ISO requirements.
- Attends informational conference calls and participates in technical review sessions.
- Maintains a current customer list and publishes it to Field Service and Sales.
- Assists in recovering underutilized machines and accessories in the field and communicates competitive activity.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization in your FP vehicle and with assigned company tools.
- 2-4 years field service experience, preferably in a warehouse or manufacturing setting
- Preferred Mechanical experience as a; Millwright, Appliance Repair, Warehouse Machinery or Packaging Equipment
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics or Mechanical or equivalent Field Service experience preferred
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook, Oracle is preferred
- Passion to satisfy the customer and has good communication skills as well as ability to build good relationships and work well with in teams
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical diagrams
- Self-starter who takes initiative and requires little supervision
- Displays demonstrated problem solving skills and organization
- Good mechanical & electrical aptitude
- Possess a safe and credible driving record with a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to train small groups of people
- Overnight travel required up to 40% in the local Los Angeles area
- Must be able to climb, bend and carry up to 50 lbs. and be on your feet for a considerable portion of time.
- English is required. Bi-lingual with Spanish is a strong plus
The position will provide a long term career opportunity along with use of a company vehicle, computer, parts and tools.
please see above.