To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1550 Jackson Ferry Road
Montgomery, AL 36104
- Shawn Fletcher
- Phone: 614-491-1012
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Forward Air Solutions • Montgomery, AL
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Forward Air Solutions (FAS), a division of Forward Air Inc., provides our customers with a customized consolidation and delivery process that controls costs and more effectively replenishes their network of stores in both major cities and more remote communities across the US. Our primary focus is on advancing the Pool Distribution concept to more customers, more industries and more places. We are dedicated to providing a unique and consistently reliable distribution network for the industries we serve, including; retail, hospitality, healthcare, and publishing.
Forward Air Inc. is a publicly traded (NASDQ: FWRD) and highly respected transportation and logistics Company with revenues of approximately $1B annually. We are a growth-oriented company that has doubled in size over the past 5 years. We have an aggressive growth strategy and need great talent to help us achieve our goals. As an industry leader - we are dedicated to finding and developing the best people. We want individuals who share our core values and demonstrate a true passion for what we do. Forward Air offers excellent compensation and benefits packages to our employees, as well as tremendous growth opportunities for top performers.
Position: Cargo Handler /Dock Worker
Forward Air is seeking capable and career-oriented individuals to work in our fast-paced shipping/dock operation. Our Cargo Handlers are responsible for loading and unloading freight on our trailers in a safe and timely manner. Frequent lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying of freight are required. All necessary training and materials for this position are provided.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for the loading/unloading of 53 ft. commercial trailers and the operation of scanners
- Use handheld scanners to efficiently track and maneuver freight through our distribution network
- Accurately label boxes and prepare freight for shipment
- Safely load and unload trailers by utilizing equipment such as hand trucks/pallets jack and forklifts
- Must be able to obtain certification and safely operate forklift and other machinery as required
- Verify documentation and condition of freight to assure quality standards are achieved
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to ninety (90) pounds
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible to work weekends and overtime as needed
- Forklift and general freight handling knowledge is a plus
- General computer skills - Microsoft Office, Outlook, AS400
- Must be 18 or older
- All applicants are subject to a criminal background investigation
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K, stock ownership plans, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, vision care plan, paid sick time, paid company holidays, and paid vacations.Forward Air is an Equal Opportunity employer.