To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
503 Robert Grant Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Sheila Gauvin
- Phone: 978-425-1020
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Web Applications Developer
Federal Solutions • Silver Spring, MD
Posted 12 days ago
Sr. Web Application Developer / Systems Administrator
Silver Spring, MD
The WRAIR (Walter Reed Army Institute of Research) aims to conduct biomedical research that is responsive to Department of Defense and US Army requirements and delivers life saving products including knowledge, technology and medical material that sustain the combat effectiveness of the Warfighter.
The WRAIR is seeking a Sr. Web Application Developer / Systems Administrator to work at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research in Silver Spring, MD.
- Administers, manages, designs, and documents systems required for MRSN intranet and internet activities.
- Performs technical planning, design, development, testing, implementation, and management of internet technologies.
- Monitors the functionality, security, and integrity of internet services.
- Resolves technical problems with the design and delivery of internet services.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies for web-based application development.
- Designs a web-based data portal for de-identified patient demographics, bacterial drug sensitivity profiles, and bacterial genomic characterization.
- Leads the development of web-based software applications utilizing Microsoft .NET. JAVA HTML, XML, AJAX, and other web technologies a plus.
- Configures and maintains Microsoft IIS web and Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE) application server software.
- Implements robust, secure authentication and authorization systems for role-based access to the data portal.
- Integrates the data portal with existing MRSN relational databases.
- Provides training and training materials for users of the data portal.
- Reviews technical designs, reports, documentation, and other materials produced by staff.
- Provides all job-related progress reports/technical reports as requested.
- Provide technical assistance and participate on proposal writing projects when applicable.
- Attends relevant seminars, scientific conferences, and meetings for the MRSN program.
- Ensures that IT programs comply with all applicable regulations and policies including Federal, DA and MEDCOM.
- Collects and analyzes internet service usage and performance statistics.
- M.S. Computer Science or related field 3+ years industry experience.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages: Java, .NET, HTML, XML, AJAX, Python, Perl, C++ or related language.
- Experience developing software applications.
- Must have an active secret clearance
- Proficiency in computer architecture and infrastructure development
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply online at www.cherokee-cnts.com
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions (CNTS) provides technical support services and project support personnel to its defense and civilian agency clients. CNTS specializes in locating hard to find candidates for rapid response requests throughout the country. It provides a tailored management approach for complex government programs and disciplines including information technology, science, engineering, construction, research & development, facilities management, program management, and mission support. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNTS is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com". This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.