To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbia, Maryland 21046, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior RF Engineer
KBRWyle • Columbia, Maryland 21046, MD
Posted 7 months ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Performs professional Radio Frequency Engineering assignments of wide complexity under general direction with considerable discretion as to work details.
- Provides support in the design, development, and testing of radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave systems architecture, components, circuits, or products. Includes antenna design, both reflector and array systems, frequency synthesizers, transmitters and receivers, Land Mobile Radio, SATCOM, and Tactical Communications.
- Prepares plans, process specifications and procedures. Prepares studies, cost work standards and assignments of similar complexity and magnitude requiring a comprehensive knowledge of mechanical and manufacturing theory and design. Compiles and evaluates test data, prepares technical analysis, recommends methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes. Provides support in technical matters relating to Engineering Change Notices, rework, or other difficulties and specifications of a moderately complex nature. Conducts analyses or tests pertaining to the development of new methods, materials, processes or standards and provides recommendations accordingly. Coordinates with other technical support personnel.
- Provides assistance to higher level engineers in most of the detail work and translates technical guidance and data received into usable information applicable to the particular assignment.
- Works independently, directing and coordinating the work of technical personnel engaged in the compilation of engineering data, construction and testing of systems, designing component circuits, writing reports and test procedures. May manage performance of assigned support personnel. Performs other functions necessary for the completion of engineering assignments.
- Acts as primary lead with customer on engineering assignments assigned. Provides updates and recommendations to customer, cost estimates and project schedules. May provide briefings and technical training on RF systems
- Assists high level Engineers of higher-level program elements engaged in an engineering or research project. Assumes responsibility for a major segment of related work
- Education: BS degree in engineering or applied science with 5 years of related experience. In lieu of formal education, 13 years of related engineering or applied science work experience. Specific contract requirements will prevail.
- Must have an active secret or higher security clearance. Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Poly.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Senior RF Design Engineer