To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
14 Northeast 1st Avenue
Downtown Miami, FL 33132
- IDEAL Personnel Services
- Phone: +1(305)379-8889
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Specialist / Bookkeeper
IDEAL Personnel - Employment & Staffing Services • Downtown Miami, FL
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Seeking a highly qualified full charge bookkeeper to join our team. This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to play a key role in the company’s expansion and future success, and will provide hands-on exposure to the various phases of our company.
- Establish necessary accounting processes/ procedures for the company with Senior Management and Ownership.
- Creates and enters new vendors in QuickBooks.
- Enters new invoices or costs related reimbursements into QuickBooks
- Organizes, analyzes and sorts new invoices for processing from external and internal vendors.
- Preparing Time-sheets for payroll processing.
- Oversee the company's accounting systems, including the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll accounts. These accounts are to be reconciled monthly.
- Ensure that monthly financial statements and WIP's are prepared in a timely and accurate manner. Review the financial statements with Senior Management and Ownership monthly.
- Attend Weekly and Monthly Meetings with Senior Management and Ownership. Offer analysis on monthly changes and identify any potential cost issues.
- In coordination with Senior Management, generate operating budgets and forecasts. Monitor financial performance against the budgets on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate timely payments of all overhead expenses. Help minimize late payments on any account.
- Maintain and reconcile all accounts: cash, accrual and prepaid accounts on a monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain an accounting manual for corporate and project accounting.
- Monitor the accounts receivable and accounts payable compliance with regard to late payments and contract/lease requirements.
- Monitor overall cash management process on the project(s), including liquidity requirements, investments, and accounts receivable and payable.
- Provide Senior Management and Ownership with project specific cash flow analysis on a monthly basis.
- Performing full-function job cost accounting on project.
- Track supporting documents required for subcontractor payments; withhold payments until subcontractors are in compliance.
- Establish, implement and maintain an organized accounting filing system (both online and hard copy).
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Management or extensive experience as a full charge bookkeeper
- 3 plus years related experience in accounting
- Effective communicator (verbal and written)
- Strong organizational skills with follow-through
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and energy with a flexible mindset
- Highly motivated, diligent, and focused self-starter, with the ability to work in an autonomous working environment
Skills/Qualifications: Accounting Software (Quickbooks or other) Tracking Budget Expenses, Vendor Relationships, Written Communication, Quality Focus.
Compensation & Benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18 – 20.00 an hour with Bonuses
- Accounting: 3 plus years