To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- North Miami, FL
- IDEAL Personnel Services
- Phone: +1(305)379-8889
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Specialist / Bookkeeper
IDEAL Personnel - Employment & Staffing Services • North Miami, FL
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for payroll accounting, maintaining accurate inventory accounting and serving as backup for accounts receivable and payables functions, as well as customer returns, month-end processing, and various other projects assigned. This position is responsible for maintaining accurate company records and handling confidential information in a professional manner. This position requires organization, attention to detail, and accountability.
The Accounting Specialist will be responsible for completion and performance of the following duties and responsibilities:
• Perform the accounting for the company payroll, entering all necessary accounting entries.
• Maintain Inventory spreadsheet, ensuring that all inventory purchases and prices are promptly entered for accounting and tracking.
• Ensure that purchase orders are entered and tracked
• Scan incoming checks to the company’s bank account each day.
• Ensure the timely and accurate processing of company expense reports
• Communicate with vendors and customers regarding billing and payment issues
• Backup for Accounts Payable activities – processing invoices, performing a three-way match and identifying invoices ready for payment processing.
• Backup for Accounts Receivables – issuing invoices to customers and applying customer payments upon receipt.
Additional responsibilities associated with overall expansion efforts include:
• Assisting with new customer account processing
• Perform various administrative duties as needed
• 5+ years’ experience in bookkeeping and accounting; Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
• Experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software
• Previous experience in accounting, preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; detail oriented; professional demeanor and good work ethic
Location: Miami, FL (North Miami area)
Schedule: Monday - Friday - Flexible (Full time)