To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
100 Metro Way
Secaucus, NJ 07094
- David Fitzgerald
- Phone: 212-524-6860
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Team Lead - Outbound Operations
Rent The Runway • Secaucus, NJ
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
About Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is disrupting the $1.7 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility in women’s everyday lives and empowering women to feel like their best selves everyday. We have pioneered the Closet in the Cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised $190M from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on Earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 6MM-strong customer base who share the experience of renting as being empowering and smart.
Our 1000+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built - proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience. We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps tens of thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of founders more clearly representing the demographics of this country.
Outbound Lead will be responsible for real time analysis, assisting the coordination and balance of the outbound operation, and assists in the balancing of labor for all areas. Furthermore assigns picking/loading tasks for all production employees. Supports the Outbound departments to ensure all tasks flow smoothly for the production crew. Accurately records/reports the truck/trailer numbers for outgoing deliveries. Supports assistant manager to ensure all end of day (EOD) tasks are completed.
- Responsible for real time analysis, coordination and balance of Shipping Operations (allocation of pick tasks).
- Assigning of picking/loading tasks.
- Recording and reporting of outbound deliveries.
- Provides support in reporting, researching and resolving issues that occur in the interface between host system and WMS in a timely manner.
- Ensure all tasks are completed accurately and on time.
- Provides administrative support for the Shipping Supervisor.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge and understanding of all needed systems.
- Must be able to work flexible hours determined by the needs of the department including weekends.
- Understanding of warehouse management systems
- Handles situations with respect, dignity, and professionalism
- Ability and willingness to train, mentor and lead in a professional and respectful manner a group associates
- Flexible approach to working time to meet deadlines/peak workload
- Ability to maintain excellent relations with all employees and be a "Team Player"
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present information in a cohesive and respectful manner
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to expedite quality work
- Ability to maintain composure while under pressure
- High School or equivalent experience in a Warehouse atmosphere.
- Strong verbal/written communication and organizational skills
- Skilled at multi-tasking and managing competing priorities.
- Working knowledge of warehouse management systems.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Prior experience managing large teams.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly recognize and diagnose trend and patterns in productivity data.