To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbia, MD
- Craig Mitchell
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Manager
Continental Technologies • Columbia, MD
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Who we are hiring for:
For over 32 years CTI has been a leading Systems’ Integrator & IT consulting firm in the Mid-Atlantic region and we’re currently seeking an experienced IT Manager for a direct hire role in Columbia. The client is a global leader in specialty environmental engineering and consulting services.
The individual in this position will direct and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Information Technology Department. Priorities will be systems analysis, design, implementation, maintenance and support for all corporate computer systems. Other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
This position is responsible the management, support, development and implementation of the company computer system infrastructure to include Business Solution Systems such as ERP and CRM, database, network, regional offices, field employees’ laptops and all other business needs relating to information technology. Must ensure that company informational technology infrastructure is updated and prepared for any anticipated future business needs.
What you will be responsible for:
- Supervision and development of the IT staff.
- Research and develop plans for system development and operations to include hardware, software purchases, budget and staffing.
- Develop, implement and monitor information technology policies and controls to ensure, network security and stability, data accuracy, security and legal and regulatory compliance.
- Understand computer systems needs for efficient company operations. Must consult with management to determine scope and priorities of projects. Will need to project systems capacities and project system purchases
- Negotiates contracts with vendors for service and products.
- Provide support to end users in the selection, procurement, usage and maintenance of software and hardware.
- Manage computer operation scheduling, backup storage and retrieval functions.
- Develop, maintain and test disaster recovery plans.
- Ensure the validity and integrity of data on computer systems, through a complete understanding of the network backup system.
- Understand and support network protocols and infrastructure.
- Understand and support the database infrastructure.
- Provide leadership role in the implementation of any new processes or systems for the company.
- Oversee GP and CRM systems to ensure results and evolution to meet our business requirements.
- To advise upper management regarding any concerns or inabilities to meet the goals set.
Skills that you will possess in order to succeed:
- BS degree or higher (preferably IT or engineering field).
- 5+ years’ experience in IT with growing responsibilities, including some management/oversight/supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to solve complex problems involving data and data integration.
- Prior experience playing a lead role on major integration projects
- Must have experience with the Microsoft Technology Stack (Exchange, AD, Windows Server), ERP and CRM management, and Networking experience (LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Cisco products).
Other skills and experience that will help you succeed:
- Experience with Citrix, SharePoint, SQL, and Web Publishing are preferred.
- Experience working with vendors and procurement preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position