To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Staff Accountant-NonProfit-Awesome benefits
Creative Financial Staffing • Washington, DC
Posted 9 days ago
$55,000.00 - $65,000.00 /Year
Accounting - Finance
Accounting, Other, Finance
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is a very well known non-profit organization in the DC market; Its not in the middle of Downtown so free parking and less traffic. They are looking to add to their small team and hire a Staff Accountant. With a small yet growing accounting and finance team, there is opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform. The benefits are amazing and they really pride themselves on providing a favorable work-life balance.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
We are looking for a degreed Staff Accountant with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with outstanding analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you are able to work effectively with minimal oversight, while also functioning well in a team environment.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- General Accounting
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Corporate accounting / General ledger experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal direction
Keywords: staff accountant, accounting, accountant, general ledger accountant, finance
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.