To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Norcross, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Construction Manager/ Field Construction Manager
Avangrid • Norcross, GA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Avangrid is seeking a Construction Managers and Field Construction Managers for their Maine, New York, and Connecticut office.
The Construction Manager and Field Construction Manager is responsible for coordinating construction and commissioning (functional testing included) activities between several projects, with objectives of safety, quality, timeliness and cost effective completion on behalf of the Affiliates of AVANGRID located in Maine, New York and Connecticut.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Determines the contract resource requirements, service specifications and manages contractor performance
- Manage activities related to coordination of field inspections and sign offs for construction projects, including functional testing of electrical equipment
- Monitor and evaluate activities of outsourced Construction companies to ensure adherence to safety, quality, schedules, budgets, cost effectiveness and control, and results
- Develop, review, and evaluate contracts and agreements affecting the project execution and functional area operations and make appropriate recommendations
- Confer and collaborate with management staff to resolve problems and coordinate activities with the field construction managers
- Works with other managers to ensure that construction management is integrated into the planning, scheduling, cost tracking, construction, installation, testing and commissioning, and acceptance activities.
- Ensure Field Construction Managers obtain all construction materials and material handling plans are established and properly managed
- Coordinate the construction schedules with the other functional areas within the company
- Provides constructability feedback on electrical, mechanical, protection and civil construction standards
- Research, recommend, and implement changes as necessary to be aligned with AVANGRID Standards and Business Area goals and objectives
- Collaborate with other business organizations, contractors and subject matter experts to resolve disputes and prioritize business requirements
- Participate in the ongoing budget process to provide estimates, resource needs, and oversight of the construction budget
- Participate in the construction projects negotiations and joint planning efforts with other utilities
- Help lead and collaborate the activities to address or remedy electrical system emergencies as necessary
- Identify construction risk during the planning, execution and construction phases and prepare risk mitigation plans
- Perform special studies, alternatives and risk analysis and cost estimates as necessary
- Adhere to company policies, programs and procedures as well as Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), New England and New York Independent System Operators
- Safety: Maintain safety awareness and ensure contractors comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures to assure a safe working environment at the construction site. Properly wear and care for applicable safety gear and equipment. Identify and communicate unsafe conditions to Contractors, Project Manager and assure safety concerns and issues are resolved
- Ensure all field construction managers are managing the project and construction resources within the schedule and budget
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressive related electric utility industry experience, with electric line or substation facilities construction management experience preferred
- Associates degree in Engineering, Construction Management equivalent education
- Extensive knowledge of construction management practices applicable to electrical utility lines and substation construction including commissioning of electrical equipment
- Extensive knowledge of interconnected electrical system operations.
- Knowledge of government regulations, including OSHA, NESC, NEC and industry codes affecting electric utilities
- Knowledge of contract preparation, negotiations and administration.
- Working knowledge of budget preparation and administration.
- Demonstrated ability to make competent decisions in emergency situations
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret mechanical/electrical drawings, and technical manuals
- Working knowledge of best practices in safety policies and procedures.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must be willing to travel to construction sites on a day to day basis, attend meetings
To chat with a Recruiter, please click the following link: https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/205579