To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- La Grange, IL
- Jeff Katz
- Phone: 847-696-7377
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Engineering Manager, Electrical
JSK Recruiting, Inc • La Grange, IL
Posted 16 days ago
Travel - None
Experience - 5 to 10 years
Degree - 4 Year Degree
$100,000.00 - $130,000.00 /Year
Consumer Products, Food, Manufacturing
Engineering, Manufacturing, Management
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Global foods manufacturer is searching for an Electrical Engineering Manager, to join a state-of-the-art manufacturing high-speed facility based in Chicago area.
- Our client is a big believer of offering stability, the chance for expansive responsibilities and growth. This role is open due to retirement.
- Supervise a team of engineers and maintenance electricians
- Provide leadership and direction to the engineering and maintenance departments with additional responsibility for the completion of assigned engineering projects
- Responsible for managing technical and project engineering duties to improve plant manufacturing performance, reduce costs, improve methods, and assist in machine maintenance and reliability.
- Responsible for projects and repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment in manufacturing operations
- Responsible for managing all malfunctions and ensuring full useful equipment life in coordination with daily maintenance electricians completed by operating personnel
- Direct hourly electricians in their roles and responsibilities to meet plant objectives in safety, quality, cost, and customer service
- Provide technical support for efficient troubleshooting/problem solving activities and maintenance repair to maximize efficiencies and limit downtime
- Manage maintenance department costs within budgetary guidelines
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical, chemical or Industrial Management) is required
- MBA or Masters is a plus
- 5-7 years Engineering / Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment is required. Food, consumer products, high-speed or similar environment is preferred
- 2+ years of supervisory experience is required
- PLC & HMI; RSLogix 5000/500, Database interface with PLC/HMI, Industrial control networks; Ethernet I/P, ControlNet, DeviceNET, DH+, Remote I/O is preferred
- PLC and robotic programming is preferred
- Critical thinking skills, problem solving, strategy development, and project management experience
- Experience implementing TPM and/or Lean initiatives (TPM, OEE, 5S, Center lining)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships at all levels and maintain a positive working environment
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills
If you have experience working in a foods or related manufacturing environment as an engineer, send us your resume and we will respond quickly
Job ID: EEM 1-2018
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.