To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Baltimore, MD
- Jason Adkins
- Phone: 313.549-3693
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Process Engineer
G-TECH • Baltimore, MD
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Manufacturing engineering responsibilities for aluminum casting machining using CNC machining processes. Ability to problem solve dimensional issues and recommend corrective actions/machine repairs.
Job Responsibilities and Qualifications – Prismatics Manufacturing Engineer
- The manufacturing process engineer responsible for developing, improving, and maintaining manufacturing processes, equipment/tooling alternatives, sequence and flow of operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines and facilities necessary for the production of prismatic parts.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing assembly plant where a
considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment.
- Maintain manufacturing processes using common methods and systems for Prismatics fabrication cells
- Continuously improve Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness, Cost and Environment
- Estimate new engineering change/project investment on Non-Product Portfolio projects
- Perform simultaneous engineering activities for Plant Process Change Requests
- Specify equipment, gaging, and tooling consistent with Bill of Process, Bill of Equipment & coordinate procurement on -
Non-Product Portfolio projects
- Simultaneously engineer with cross functional groups
- Solve/assist operational and maintenance problems as required
- Support & actively interact with manufacturing operations group
- Provide input for preventive maintenance to the Maintenance Organization
- Support and implement GM Global Manufacturing System (GMS) Principles
- Maintain PFMEA and Process Control Plan
- Utilize Technical Problem Solving Tools
- Create and/or critique standardized work to accomplish Bill of Process systems
- Lead quality improvement projects
- Lead throughput improvement projects
- Complete capability studies per blue print / quality requirements.
- Develop action plans for processes to meet capability requirements
- Work may involve coverage for off shifts and overtime as needed to support production
Work Site Description:
Preferred Work Schedule:1st shift core hours 6am -2pm they are flexible as long as 8 hours is worked. Ex (8a-4p is acceptable. )
Will be some rotating 2nd shift through out the team every 12week candidate will need to work 2pm-10pm
Support 3 shift manufacturing. Potential for off-shift coverage.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines
- Strong knowledge and ability to implement GMS principles
- Demonstrate excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with
team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and difficult projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and
accountability for results
- Demonstrated initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Proven ability in project management skills
- Knowledge/experience with aluminum component manufacturing and measurement processes
- 2+ years of related manufacturing experience