To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hickory, NC
- Apply Via CareerBuilder
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Service Porter / Greeter
Everett Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac • Hickory, NC
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
**This is an excellent opportunity for Retired and/or Part-Time Fire Fighters or Police Officers! Multiple positions available.**
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Service Consultants with keeping Service Lane clear of vehicles.
- Assist Service Consultants with tagging service vehicles.
- Assist Service Consultants with greeting customers as customers enter the service area.
- Ensure customers' vehicles are retrieved in less than 5 minutes.
- Must stand clear of Service Consultants during customer communication. No loitering at desks.
- Keep Service Lane area clean and neat at all times. Daily floor cleaning is required.
- Ensure all vehicles that arrive in the service lane get a seat cover and floor mat, steering wheel cover.
- Ensure all vehicles get numbered tags so vehicles can be moved quickly.
- When parking vehicle, do not adjust seat or steering wheel, turn radios off, do not change the station.
- Ensure all vehicles are driven across Altesco Alignment check machine.
- Locate vehicles for Service Consultants.
- Monitor inventory of printer paper, promotional coupons, and promotional items for Service Manager.
- Keep Service Lane area free of standing water, oil, or objects left behind by vehicles. Set up Slippery When Wet signs when conditions warrant.
- Check lobby area periodically and ensure its neatness.
- Check restrooms periodically and ensure its neatness.
- Must ensure finished and unfinished vehicles are parked in designated areas. Walk the lot areas throughout the day to ensure this!
- Must ensure the front of the service lanes is clear of all early drop-offs, tow-ins, etc. Move those vehicles to designated areas.
- Transport and park vehicles in a skillful orderly manner.
- Park service vehicles in appropriate parking space and mark tags with the letter and number location.
- Ensure a visual inspection is performed on every vehicle that enters the service lane to detect damage.
- Return vehicle keys and RO to the Shop Foreman immediately after parking vehicle.
- Report any vehicle damage to Service Manager immediately.
- Arrive to work promptly at times assigned and follow schedule provided. Any deviation from the schedule requires prior management approval.
- Drive customer vehicles in a careful and prudent manner (5 mph max).
- Other duties as assigned by management.
This is a physically demanding position. Will stand six to eight hours per shift. Will lift objects weighing up to 30 pounds several times during each shift. Will drive vehicles. Will be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes, other hazardous and non-hazardous materials and inclement weather.
This position requires a uniform, which is provided by the dealership. The uniform remains the property of the dealership and must be returned at termination of employment. The dealership will be responsible for laundering and replacement of the uniform, as needed. Service Porter must maintain a high level of personal cleanliness, grooming and adhere to Service Department standards.
Service Porters should have ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Must have valid North Carolina driver's license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record and safe driving habits. Service Porters should express good judgment and honesty. This person must be trustworthy enough to have unsupervised access to our vehicles, accessories and parts, buildings and our customer's vehicles and property.