To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Mike Stapinski
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Technical Operations Analyst
Next Step Systems • Chicago, IL
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Technical Operations Analyst
Rapidly growing proprietary trading firm with four offices in Chicago, London, New York City, & Ottawa, seeks to add a Technical Operations Analyst to join its highly experienced engineering team. Successful applicants for this Technical Operations Analyst position will be working closely with engineers, traders and quantitative developers to maintain, enhance, support and monitor all aspects of the trading infrastructure. You must be highly self-motivated, excel at multitasking and comfortable working in a demanding, state of the art trading environment. This position will be located in the Chicago office. Candidate must be able to work either 3:00pm-11:00pm or 4:00pm-12:00am.
- Enhance, support and monitor all aspects of the trading infrastructure.
- Identify and facilitate the resolution of complex technical issues, spanning from the trading desk, internal and exchange infrastructure and back-office.
- Own technical issues when they arise, either seeing them through to completion or handing off to the proper escalation/support path.
- Build and enhance operational dashboard, comprising of all critical and non-critical path datasets; effectively interpret existing data and create new metadata to identify inefficiencies of the entire trading life cycle.
- Build and maintain scripted toolset to enhance areas of data analytics, application configuration/deployment, data consolidation and all other areas that could exploit automation where not already implemented.
- Manage and enhance change management system for software and infrastructure deployments.
- Coordinate across three geographic regions that include Asia, Europe, and the United States.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year university.
- Computer Science, Information Science or related technical field.
- Strong GPA (3.5 or higher).
- Exceptional communication skills.
- A self-motivated personality with a passion for solving complex problems.
- Proficient in Linux/UNIX.
- Financial domain knowledge.
- Proficient in an object-oriented scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
- An understanding of TCP/IP and multicast.
- Familiar with SQL or similar relational database system.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Technical Operations Analyst, Linux/UNIX, Python, Ruby, TCP/IP, Multicasting, Databases, Trading, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems. We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Relocate Candidates To Chicago!