Wouldn't you like to work for a rapidly growing, award-winning, top ranked Private Equity firm in the country? Ranked the #1 performing private equity firm in America, it’s time you get in on the action. Think you're ready to take your career to the next level?
- Candidates must be local to the Chicago area.
- Seeking technical project managers with 4-10 years of experience.
- Any exposure to CRM systems (such as Dynamo CRM), SharePoint, Asset Management Systems (such as FIS Investran), and systems consolidation is a plus.
- Previous management consulting or private equity exposure is a nice-to-have.
Currently seeking a talented and experienced technical project manager to manage all aspects of internal technical projects across the organization. The technical project manager will assume oversight of the full project pipeline, responsible for the full lifecycle from scoping and approval through initiation and closure. Initial work will focus on establishing best-practice project management methodology and tooling for the company. This includes establishing a prioritization framework, implementing project tracking tools and processes, establishing a prioritized backlog of initiatives, creating effective communications for senior management, and rolling out the methodology to company staff.
The ideal candidate will have more than five years of experience as a technical project manager. The candidate will be highly resourceful with a strong attention to detail, a sense of ownership, a strong work ethic, and approaches tasks and challenges with excitement and openness to learn.
This is a full-time position based in Chicago with a second office located in San Francisco. Periodic travel to the San Francisco office will be required at the start. This position reports to the IT Manager.
The technical project manager will need to demonstrate an in-depth understanding and experience in the following:
- Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into detailed project plans.
- Experience or proficiency with development and integration projects and has “been there, done that” experience. Technical development, design, and/or architecture skills preferred.
- Understand the underlying technologies used on a project to be able to direct how to design, develop, test, and implement a technical development project.
- Experience coordinating multiple internal employees and external vendor resources.
- Communicate and report project status to C-level executives and IT management, including budgets, risks, issues, etc.
- Quickly respond to new requests for immediate issues while also being able to drive projects to completion.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality assurance experience.
- Strong interest in technology.
- Bachelor’s degree. BS / Computer Science, Engineering, MIS preferred.
- Project Manager with 5 + years of experience managing technical projects, PMP certification preferred but not required.
- Strong project management methodology background, work-plan development, schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis.
- Must have experience coordinating a variety of teams, including small engagements as well as large initiatives. Should have experience estimating project work and cost.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.