To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Swedesboro, NJ 08085
- Ruth Osei
- Phone: 908 242 6194
- Phone:: (856) 669-0436
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
7a-720p Direct Care Position - Special Needs Group Home
Bellwether Behavioral Health • Swedesboro, NJ
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
*IMMEDIATE POSITIONS AVAILABLE*
Our team of Direct Support Professionals enjoy the rewards of making a difference every day, a supportive work environment, competitive salary & benefits package and opportunities for advancement.
The Direct Support Professionals on our team are responsible for performing tasks that are essential to helping adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities and significant behavioral challenges lead safe and satisfying lives. These are interactive positions that require team members to have constant contact with our residents.
Key responsibilities include:
- Interacting with residents in a manner that promotes respect and learning, supports resident goals, is consistent with resident IHPs and behavior plans and follows the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Responding to unexpected behaviors
- Communicating with team members through daily verbal and written reports on the progress and activities of residents.
- Monitoring and administering medication as well as providing education.
- Prompting or assist residents with personal care activities. Some of our residents are unable to perform these activities for themselves and require significant assistance with bathing, toileting and other personal care activities.
- Performing crisis intervention and, at times when there is an imminent safety threat, utilize authorized physical and/or mechanical restraint techniques.
- Escorting residents to medical appointments and recreational outings
For this position, qualified applicants will:
- Be motivated to work as part of a team that acts in the best interest of our residents at all times
- Want to work with individuals with developmental disabilities and behavioral challenges; behavior health experience preferred
- Have a valid, unrestricted driver’s license without any major violations within the past three years
- Have a high school diploma or GED; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Be available to work full time
- If offered a position, successfully complete our pre-employment process which includes an initial motor vehicle records check, positive reference checks, employment verifications, state and federal criminal background checks and physical including drug screen, lift test and TB test.
- If hired, be available to participate in our mandatory preservice training Monday thru Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm the first two weeks of employment.
Bellwether Behavioral Health offers competitive salaries, generous paid time off, medical and dental coverage disability and life insurance, 401K retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, performance-based bonuses and an employee referral program.
Bellwether Behavioral Health Is An Equal Opportunity Employer