To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1450 Marlton Pike East
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Restaurant Food Service Server
Spring Hills Senior Communities • Cherry Hill, NJ
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Provides quick, efficient, pleasant delivery of food to resident and guests ensuring the quality standards of food and service are being delivered to the table.
- Attends work as scheduled and follows community’s call-off procedures.
- Take orders, serves food and drinks to residents in a timely, efficient and courteous manner according to Spring Hills standards.
- Prepares and sets up table with clean linen, ensuring all silverware is cleaned and polished.
- Accommodates all guest requests (ice water, beverages, bread and butter and condiments, etc.)
- Communicates and demonstrates knowledge of the menu items and key ingredients, suggests alternatives when appropriate.
- Informs supervisor if experiencing service difficulties or problems with a guest.
- Ensures all closing duties are completed before sign out.
- Provides a positive, service-oriented attitude towards our guests, and fellow associates.
- Performs pre-busing of tables on a continual basis, clears plates in between courses, keeps tables free of excess clutter.
- Works in a clean, sanitary, safe, and organized manner, abiding by all health and safety regulations.
Non Essential Functions:
- Attends all required training, in-services, and staff meetings.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, the achievement of safe working practices, by practicing proper infection control measures, and understanding the use of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Spring Hills, LLC
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Requirements For Dining Services Captain
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Trunk Strength - The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- Gross Body Coordination - The ability to coordinate the movement of your arms, legs, and torso together when the whole body is in motion.
Experience and Education::
High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate); None
Time spent in physical exertion: Standing (over 2/3), walking (over 2/3), sitting (under 1/3), using hands to finger, handle or feel (over 2/3), reach with hands and arms (over 2/3), climb and balance (1/3-2/3), stoop, kneel, crawl (2/3), talk or hear (over 2/3), taste or smell (over 1/3-2/3). Lifting up to 10 pounds (over 2/3), Up to 25 pounds (1/3); Up to 50 pounds (1/3); up to 100 pounds (1/3)