To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- City of Industry, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Information Technology
Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers • City of Industry, CA
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) was founded in Los Angeles, California, in 1974 by a group of engineers employed by the city of Los Angeles. Their objective was to form a national organization of professional engineers to serve as role models in the Hispanic community. SHPE changes lives by empowering the Hispanic community to realize its fullest potential and to impact the world through STEM awareness, access, support and development.
SHPE is currently seeking a Director of Information Technology. As a key member of the Senior Management Team, the Director of Information Technology will report to the Chief Operating Officer/Chief of Staff. and supervises all IT employees and vendors. The Director is to ensure the development of SHPE’s overall planning, organizing, and execution of the organization’s technology function(s).
The Director will develop a world-class IT architecture and development department for SHPE and its nation-wide network of professional and student chapters. This includes directing IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions. The Director will ensure all IT deliverables are met and proper risk management is deployed. This individual will be responsible for leading the development of IT budgets and priorities, as well as applying process and business expertise to impact the overall business results.
This leader must possess strong IT transformational skills, and expertise on how to leverage cloud computing to improve IT operations and fundamentally enhance the services provided to our members
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide company-wide direction in areas of policy, standards, business practices
- Lead IT organizational structure and service deployment strategy
- Direct system administration of membership database with an online presence that supports 10K+ users. Provide IT and database solutions to ensure achievement of organization’s strategic plan and administration processes
- Implement IT policies ensuring maximum system efficiency
- Oversees intranet and extranet development and continued support activities
- Direct and develop company-wide data security plan, disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Bachelor degree required in related field; Master degree highly preferred
- 8-10 years in Information Technology with progressive increases in responsibility to a position of senior leadership.
- 5+ years’ experience with membership database administration and MS SQL Server 2014
- Crystal reports writing and analysis; SQL scripting; ODBC – QuickBooks (a plus)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills, and experience with Association Management Systems (AMS) are required. Experience with HTML, .NET and SQL; email marketing systems (e.g. Real Magnet, Informz, Constant Contact
- Technical experience with the Windows technology stack, .NET, SQL Server, Windows Server (AD); Abila netFORUM and cloud experience (Azure/AWS)
We offer a competitive compensation package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and vacation.
For consideration, please submit:
- Cover letter
- 3 professional references
- Salary requirements
SHPE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.