We are pleased to announce that one of the companies we partner with in the Alpharetta, GA area is expanding their finance group and looking to hire a Credit Analyst!
POSITION: Credit Analyst
URL blocked - click to applyLOCATION: Alpharettta, GA
The Credit Analyst assists with the credit granting function in the obtainment of objectives, while maintaining desired credit risk performance standards (bad debt). The position provides analysis of data pertinent to credit history of existing and potential customer accounts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in facilitating and initiating credit granting function on new and existing customers to achieve company performance objectives and goals.
- Perform extensive investigation and analysis of credit and/or financial information, working within established guidelines.
- Analyze D&B reports, customer financial statements (Cash Flow statement, Balance Sheet & Profit/Loss Statement) and/or prior pay history to discern credit risk, financial stability and utilize the information to establish appropriate credit limit.
- Assist Credit Management with ongoing review and implementation of credit matrix within company guidelines and software capabilities.
- Provide credit analysis feedback and recommendations to Credit Management and field personnel.
- Monitor and assess high risk credit performance, escalating to Branch Management for assistance in resolution and mitigating exposure, as necessary.
- Leverage credit information to promote company revenue growth.
- Benchmark and innovate to ensure service excellence.
- Assist Credit Management in formulation and implementation policies and procedures for investigating new customers, reviewing contracts, and extending credit lines.
- Work directly with customers to improve processes, management within credit extensions, and enhance relationships.
- Review Credit Usage reports on a weekly basis.
- Compile Credit Revocation and Bad Debt Assessment reports; communicate with the sales team to secure a plan of action to remediate past due balances and make suggestions on accounts that should be included in the credit revocation process.
- Handling of bankruptcy claims.
- Account management of Active bankruptcy accounts.
- Support Credit Management with daily, weekly and/or monthly administrative functions.
- Review contracts, RFPs and proposals and determine the necessary course of action to maximize revenue growth while minimizing bad debt.
- Benchmark and innovate to ensure departmental efficiency.
- Collaborate with other functional areas to maintain productivity and ensure department and company objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred) in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 2-5 years Credit / Financial analysis experience (including but not limited to Dun & Bradstreet reports, company financials, etc) in the commercial sector
- Proficient reconciliation skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- D&B’s Enterprise Risk Assessment Manager (eRAM) software preferred