To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Long Beach, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Staff Environmental Engineer
Roux Associates, Inc. • Long Beach, CA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- 25% to 50% field work during first two years
- Support the office project work and collaborate with the Office Manager and staff to service clients and complete projects on time and on budget
- Assistance with site investigation, analysis and report preparation activities
- Assistance with site remediation system operations and maintenance activities
- Environmental sampling of soil, soil vapor and groundwater
- Health and safety monitoring
- Design and construction inspection of remediation processes and systems
- Evaluation and optimization of existing remediation systems
- Oversight of remediation and construction subcontractors
- Review of field data and preparation of data evaluation reports
- Assist with cost estimating, report preparation and task management as required by the project manager
- Perform and check engineering calculations
- Prepare engineering drawings, specifications and scopes of work for construction
- Bachelor’s required; Master’s preferred
- Environmental, Civil or Chemical Engineering
Desired Job Experience
- 0 – 3 years environmental consulting experience
- Previous sampling experience
- Familiarity with remediation equipment, processes and maintenance
- Ability to produce quality work on budget and on schedule
- Strong written and verbal communication with technical writing experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access
- Experience with databases and GIS preferred
- Valid driver's license (no DUI/DWIs)
- FE/EIT registration preferred
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40 hour training
The Company encourages all of our engineers to work toward and obtain a PE license. We will fully support their efforts to accomplish this, including; help with gaining the necessary experience, reimbursement of approved expenses and paid time off to take the exam.