To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Voorhees Township, NJ 08043
- Paula King
- Phone: 856-985-8600
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Voorhees Township, NJ
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is searching for a Bookkeeper for this direct hire opportunity. Prepare and process financial statements, managing all general accounting tasks, and maintaining bookkeeping functions. You will need great organizational skill and the ability to multitask and prioritize. The general duties will include: Maintaining and filing account and financial documents - Assisting in a punctual monthly, quarterly and year end close - Maintaining bank and general ledger reconciliations - Assist in preparing the trial balance and statements including the balance sheet and cash flow statements - Processing accounts payable and accounts receivable, payroll, billing and other tasks as assigned.
Requirements: Knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable - Strong organization skills - Good understanding of general ledger - Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills, QuickBooks experience - a plus - 2+ years of experience in the bookkeeping field.
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Issue invoices to customers
- Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Issue financial statements
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
Resumes to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]