Greater Elgin Family Care Center (GEFCC) is a multi-site federally qualified health center providing comprehensive medical, dental and behavioral health services within the Chicagoland area. Our mission is to provide quality, affordable health care for all including those without the ability to pay. We currently have health centers in Elgin, Wheeling, Hanover Park, Streamwood, Sycamore, DeKalb and McHenry. We are financially and programmatically stable and are continuing to grow. We are Joint Commission Accredited and are PCMH Certified. For more information, I encourage to visit our website, http://www.URL blocked - click to apply.org.
This is a great job opportunity for a Receptionist who is either experienced or is looking to get into the medical field. In this position, you’ll be able to contribute to your community and make an impact in a patient’s life. If this is you, keep on reading.
This position is responsible for welcoming patients and visitors to the Center, registration of patients, creating and maintaining patient files, and scheduling appointments.
How You'll Help Patients
- Welcome patients and visitors to the Center, determine their needs and respond accordingly.
- Perform all preparation for next day’s clinic.
- Provide all necessary paperwork for patient completion.
- Review registration package for completeness and provide assistance to patients in completing any necessary forms.
- Enter pertinent patient information in the EPM/EHR System completely and accurately.
- Answer and distribute phone calls to appropriate staff members. Take complete and accurate messages.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Follows all Primary Care Medical Home (PCMH) policies and procedures.
- Report to all scheduled work sites and shifts on time and fully prepared to engage in all job responsibilities; location of work sites and shifts will change at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Engage in all offered training, consultations and supervisions made available. Fully and professionally respond to and implement directives and advice offered by all supervisory and training personnel, as well as professionally offered feedback from coworkers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Perks Just For You:
- Paid Training
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Paid-Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Personal, Holidays)
What You'll Need
- High School Diploma or GED Certification
- Prior work experience is preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity working with computers.
Next Gen Enterprise Practice Management
Electronic Medical Record