To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6301 Bass Road
Prospect, KY 40059
- Nicolette Johns, LPN Staff Facilitator
- Phone: 502-228-8359
- Phone:: 502-228-5469
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse / RN / $3000 Sign On Bonus
Rivers Edge Nursing & RehabilitationCenter • Prospect, KY
Posted 11 days ago
Degree - 2 Year Degree
$3000 Sign On Bonus for Full Time Employment
Healthcare - Health Services, Managed Care
Health Care, Nurse
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We currently have employment opportunities for Registered Nurse (RNs) for first shift (6:30 AM-2:30 PM) and second shift (2:30 PM-10:30 PM). Rivers Edge is currently offering $2500.00 Sign On Bonus with the first payment paid after 30 days of full time employment.
Please submit your resume through CareerBuilder or contact Tamika Gidron, RN, Director of Nursing at 502-228-8359 to schedule an interview. Join the team that cares - Rivers Edge.
- RN Supervisor / DON
Purpose of Your Job Position:
The primary purpose of your job description is to assist in the planning, organizing, developing, and directing of Nursing Services in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, within the individual’s scope of practice, as applicable, and as may be delegated by the DON or Administrator, to assure that an acceptable degree of quality patient care can be maintained.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Listed below is an outline of the duties and responsibilities that you will be required to perform as you are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability to carry out your assigned duties.
Although your job description is broad, every effort has been made to make this outline as complete as possible. However, we must emphasize that you may be required to perform other related duties and activities.
- Assist in the planning, developing, organizing, implementing, & directing of your unit’s activities
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with interdepartmental personnel; as well as other departments within the facility to assure that the department services and activities can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents
- Assure that department personnel, residents, visitors, etc. follow established policies and procedures, to include safety rules and regulations
- Interpret department policies and procedures to personnel, residents, visitors, family members, etc. as necessary
- Ensure that residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage a complaint, are followed by all department personnel
- Meet with department personnel on a regularly scheduled basis, to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of services
- Review performance of your assigned personnel and make recommendations to the RN Supervisor/DON
- Assure that a stock level of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc. are maintained at adequate levels
- Requisition equipment and supply needs as required
- Notify the patient’s attending/alternate physician, as well as the patient’s legal guardian/ representative, when the patient becomes critically ill, injured, etc. as outlined within our established policies
- Work with the facility’s consultants as necessary and implement recommended changes as directed by the DON
- In cases of death, may call the funeral home as requested by the family, or as otherwise outlined in our established policies
- Assure that the body is properly prepared/cleaned for pick up
- Evaluate emergencies and determine emergency measures to be used, including the use of chemical or mechanical restraints
- Notify the physician and record and follow orders
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the DON concerning the operation of the nursing unit/shift
- Assure that the unit area is maintained in a clean and safe manner for patient comfort and convenience by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained to perform such duties/services
- Notify physician of patient accidents/incidents
- Fill out and complete accident/incident report forms on all such occurrences and chart such information in the patient’s medical record as outlined in our established policies and procedures
- Take TPRs, blood pressures, etc. and chart as required
- Attend and participate in your professional associations’ activities and programs, etc. to assure that you keep abreast of current regulations and guidelines, as well as professional standards, and make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the department director
- Assure that nursing personnel, to include private duty nurses, follow our established nursing procedures
- Gives/Receives nursing report upon reporting in and ending shift duty hours
- Checks patients daily to assure that prescribed treatment is being properly administered by nursing personnel/assistance
- Record findings in the patient’s chart
- Prepare/Administer medications as ordered by the physician (NOTE: Another nurse MAY NOT administer medication set up by another nurse.)
- Chart nurses’ notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided as well as the patient’s response to the care
- Complete required record keeping forms/charts upon the patient’s admission, discharge, transfer, etc.
- File in the patient’s chart and/or forward to appropriate department
- Receive verbal orders from attending/alternate physician and chart on the physician’s order sheet
- Assist in orientation of newly assigned personnel
- Order prescribed medications, supplies, and equipment as established by our policies and procedures
- Review physician’s orders, transfer/pre-admission information, etc. for completeness
- Orient new patient’s/family members as necessary
- Forward new diet orders and/or diet changes to the dietary department
- Transcribe physician’s orders to patient charts, carded, treatment plans, etc. to assure that they remain current
- Verify the identification of the patient before administering medication, treatment, etc.
- Requisition and arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by the physician either within the facility or by outside arrangements, in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Assure that narcotic records are current at all times
- Admit, transfer, and discharge patients
- Assist in arranging transportation, packing, etc. as necessary
- Check patient charts for specific treatment, medication orders, schedules, etc. as indicated
- Administer professional services such as catheterization; tube feedings; suction; applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy and drainage bags; taking blood, sputum, and urine specimens; massage and exercises; care of the dead/dying, etc. as established by our policies and procedures
- Assure that personnel follow established infection control and aseptic techniques when isolation procedures become necessary
- Make rounds with the physician and assist with examinations and treatment
- Notify physician of auto stop orders on specific medications as established by our policies and procedures
- Review Medication Administration Record for completeness of information, accuracy in the transcription of physician orders, and adherence to stop order policies
- Carry out restorative and rehabilitative programs to include self-help/care
- May perform minor housekeeping duties around the nursing unit
- Perform routine charting as required
- Notify the attending physician, RN supervisor, and Director of Nursing when a patient is discharged without approval
- Assure that appropriate documentation is made in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Report all discrepancies of physician’s orders, diet, charting, etc. to the department supervisor
- Assume the authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing your unit/shift
- Other duties as may become necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed by the department director or Administrator
- Must be, as a minimum, a graduate of an approved RN school of nursing
- Must have, as a minimum, training in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical facility
- Training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices is preferred
- Must possess a valid and current RN license in the state in which the facility is located
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public
- Be a minimum of 19 years of age
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures
- Possess leadership ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and nonprofessional personnel
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc. of the nursing service department
- Maintaining the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc.; maintaining the appearance of nursing areas; and regular inspection of nursing units for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated work areas, as well as throughout the nursing service areas
- Sitting, standing, bending, lifting, and moving intermittently during working hours
- Subject to frequent interruptions
- Involved with patients, family members, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc. under all conditions/circumstances
- Subject to hostile and emotionally upset patients, family members, etc.
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel, and other department supervisors
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours when necessary
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs
- Subject to falls, burns from equipment, infectious disease, substances, odors, etc. throughout the work day
- This facility will make reasonable accommodations that will permit an employee to perform the essential functions of his or her position
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position
- Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
- Must function independently within the scope of practice for an RN in this state, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with patients, personnel, and support agencies
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility
- May be required to lift patients, medical equipment, supplies, etc.
List any requirement(s) not outlined within this summary that will be necessary for fulfilling the requirements of this position:
- RN may perform other duties that are consistent with the RN scope of practice
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.