To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Antonio, TX
- Denise Doan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Lean Manufacturing Engineer
True North Recruiting, LLC • San Antonio, TX
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
International company is seeking several Automotive Manufacturing Process Engineers in San Antonio, TX! This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has prior experience in the automotive manufacturing industry, highly knowledgeable with the injection molding process, someone who knows how to “get things done”, and support the growth of an automotive manufacturing & plant services team. Identifying issues, streamlining existing processes and ensuring implementation of corrective plan are key attributes for this position and for the success of new launch program for customers.
● Support R&D department in managing customer projects by supporting every task starting from calculation to getting final approval for the finished products and processes for current customers.
● Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators
● Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
● Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
● Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
● Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
● Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. .
● Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
● Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
● Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
● Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
● Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops
● Participate and support Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) methodology to identify risks and possible errors from many different sources.
● Support with Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) documentation.
● Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
● Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
● Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
● Plans, conducts, and documents internal audits. Evaluates findings and report these to upper management.
● Communicate client audit observations and responses to upper management.
● Evaluating information to determine compliance with standards using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
● Comply with requirements of TS16949:2009 & ISO 14001
● Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering a plus, but not required
● Minimum 3 years’ experience in Industrial Engineering / Manufacturing Engineer in an automotive production plant is a must
● Skilled in injection molding process is a must
● Must be able to analyze a drawing / CAD file, define the steps necessary to manufacture this product, define the equipment needed for each step, write work instructions for every step and train the production staff once the equipment is in place.
● Must be able to approve the equipment at the supplier plant by performing tests and checking against the specifications.
● Must be knowledgeable with FMEA, Poka-Yoke, Run @ Rate, and how to pass process audits.
● Qualities would include dealing with complexity, informing others, leadership, manufacturing methods and procedures, manufacturing quality, product development, presenting technical information, CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design
● No relocation offered at this time
● Compensation: $60k - $80k base salary
● Denise Doan, Executive Search Expert | [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]