To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wyoming, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Resource Nuclear Med Tech I-Radiology - shifts varies
Metro Health • Wyoming, MI
Posted 25 days ago
Under the direct supervision of the Radiology Operations Manager the responsibility of a Nuclear Medicine Technologist is to perform various technical procedures requiring independent judgment in the use of radioactive materials in the diagnosis and treatment of illness and conditions in patients.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and administers radioactive materials.
- Provides safe and effective patient care while performing duties of Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Adheres to policies and procedures set down by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Metro Health Hospital, and the Nuclear Medicine Department.
- Utilize and effectively use all Radiology equipment and software in the performance of daily responsibilities.
- Demonstrate the appropriate knowledge of all protocols and procedures
- Participate in the department quality initiatives of the department.
- Maintain certifications, registrations, and education requirements of the hospital and accrediting body.
- Display consistent proficiency in using AIDET when communicating with patients, visitors, physicians, peers, managers, volunteers, internal and external customers.
- Adheres to ALARA concept in place at Metro Health Hospital, keeping radiation exposure to self, and others as low as reasonably achievable.
- Follows NRC rules and regulations for ordering, receipt, handling, and disposal of radioactive materials (RAM), according to hospital license.
- Performs other duties and tasks, which may be assigned or delegated.
- BLS Basic Life Support