General Ledger Accountant
About the Company
Our client is a leading manufacturing company seeking a General Ledger Accountant. The company has a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform at their highest level. There is strong opportunity for growth and advancement with a company that has proven stability in a very competitive market.
Job Responsibilities of the General Ledger Accountant
As the General Ledger Accountant, you will assist the accounting manager and the controller. Duties will include general ledger postings, account reconciliations, financial reporting in general ledger software and Excel programs, audit analysis preparation, operational reporting, and tax reporting.
Specific duties in this General Ledger Accounting role include:
- Generate daily, monthly and end of month general ledger postings.
- Complete the End of Week and End of Month extractions from the general ledger software programs.
- Reconcile subsidiary ledgers to the General Ledger weekly and monthly.
- Maintain internal financial reporting.
- Prepare analysis for internal audit of account balances and for year end audit including maintenance of annual audit package.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly tax reporting.
We are looking for a General Ledger Accountant who combines a solid background in accounting and strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. The General Ledger Accountant should be detail-oriented and have sound judgment and strong reasoning skills, as well as good analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that the general ledger accountant displays excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Specific requirements for the position of General Ledger Accountant include:
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree of Accounting.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in accounting.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel.
Please email resume for immediate consideration.
Keywords: accounting, general ledger