To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Princeton, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Join our finance team as our Accounting Manager. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the general accounting functions, including month end closing, billing, accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, and maintenance and reconciliation of the general ledger accounts.
The Manager coordinates the routine preparation of performance reporting and reports for funders, monthly closing, and annual audits; prepares all information within stated time frames and in a manner that supports satisfactory audits.
This position supervises the accounting staff and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly assigned and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
The Manager is expected to actively participate in modifying, documenting, and coordinating the implementation of accounting policies and procedures and assisting in the development and maintenance of financial reporting systems, ensuring the integrity of financial records based on sound accounting procedures and controls. The Manager should make recommendations regarding improving operations and the financial position of agency.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or business administration.
- 5 plus years accounting experience in healthcare, non-profit or for profit environments
- Extensive experience with mid-range accounting software
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices; knowledge and understanding of GAAP principles
- Experience with annual financial audits and audits by funders
- Experience with preparing reports for funders
- Supervisory experience with accounting personnel
- Communicates concepts and strategies in easy-to-understand language to peers and agency management
- Ability to work independently; multi-task, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Detail oriented, motivated to seek out information, to gain familiarity with guidelines and regulations of funding sources
- Demonstrates experience with good judgment and independent decision making
- Performs duties in an honest and ethical manner
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work
- Enthusiastic; analytical; dedicated work ethic
Preferred: One or more years working with Abila Sage accounting software