To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
700 East Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Advocate
RK&K • Baltimore, MD
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position Title: Human Resources Employee Advocate
RK&K is a
highly respected, nationally ranked engineering consulting firm – one of the
busiest within the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions. Our diverse practice
includes Transportation, Construction, Water/Wastewater, Pipeline, GIS and
Geotechnical resources, just to name a few. We are ranked 76th on the
Engineering News Record’s 2017 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms.
Voted #1 on
Baltimore Sun’s “Best Places to Work” list for 2014, 2015 & 2016, RK&K
firmly promotes integrity, learning and growth and we are committed to both the
work that we do and our engaged, passionate workforce that gets it done. Our
success is based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound,
technical solutions, to achieve the best possible outcome on a project.
Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,200 employees as a
professional, RK&K has received countless recognitions for its exceptional
and unique workplace culture.
committed to finding and developing a dedicated and strong Human Resources Employee Advocate for our Baltimore office.
The Employee Advocate is responsible for, and passionate about resolving HR requests and issues on behalf of our employees. The role of the Advocate is to be the primary point of contact for our 1000+ employees ensuring that any issues, concerns, or requests are handled with the utmost urgency and care. The selected individual will be responsible for identifying process issues, participate in process improvement efforts, and drive cultural change with the objective to eliminate delays in processing requests, escalation requirements, and ensuring accuracy of employee records.
The Advocate will
partner with administrative service leaders in the HR, Benefits, Recruiting,
Payroll, Accounting, and IT departments and be a primary point of contact for
communication and collaboration ensuring the timely resolution of issues and
service requests and effective process improvement changes.
The Advocate must be a positive, and friendly professional communicator with meticulous attention to detail and able to manage multiple priorities and issues simultaneously. Key success factors will include the ability to influence key stakeholders and service leaders, follow through and move cases from initiation to resolution in the most efficient and effective manner, and build trust with employees ensuring that every issue is resolved and communicated.
· Gain and maintain a thorough understanding of HR Services and process
· Champion the corporate culture – know who we are and how we serve our employees
· Manage the entire lifecycle of multi-stakeholder, complex escalated cases coming into HR Services, from intake to resolution, thorough documentation and reporting
· Attend regular meetings with internal and external stakeholder teams to research the events leading up to the escalation, capture the sequential flow of events, identify the root cause(s) of the issue(s), document the corrective action for each of the root causes, and write a holistic summary write up that details each step of the process for inclusion in to the HR workflows
· Influence leaders and teams, sometimes challenging proposed solutions while fiercely advocating for the employee
· Challenge assumptions of why a process or service failed; ask the tough questions to get to the root cause of the problem
· Identify trends and themes in the data to see where we have larger issues that need to be addressed; meet with service owners to discuss the data and determine how to move forward with next steps
· Regular reporting, as well as ad hoc reporting for service and business leaders
· Simplify complex HR language while concisely summarizing the issues, defining the defects or service failures and outlining robust corrective action
· 5+ years overall relevant experience, min 3 years multiple HR domain areas
· Ability to manage confidential and sensitive employee information and adhere to strict confidentiality standards
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with demonstrated success in driving complex strategies and initiatives
· Concise communication skills (verbal and written) with clear articulation of problems, relative data and recommendations
· Proven experience and expertise in project management, process improvement, and/or HR technology within an intense fast-paced employee driven environment
· Self-starter, strong drive, bias for action and results oriented
· Establish and cultivate a strong working relationship with multiple teams to drive resolution activities
· Highly organized, able to prioritize and work under pressure on a number of projects at the same time
· Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively convey complex information
· Experience working in a shared services environment and other elements of service support such as process redesign, call center related systems and customer or user process design
· Proven experience leading cross-functional projects and managing company-wide programs
· Experience in process improvement with exposure to Lean and Kaizen methods
· Exposure to Six Sigma methodologies
RK&K offers an excellent compensation package commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-end healthcare, 401(k) with an attractive match, paid time off, company medical/dental plans, and tuition reimbursement.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply.