To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
S45 W29290 Hwy.59
- Scott Nichols
- Phone: 262-544-4811 X-2916
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Engineer - Value Engineering
Generac • Waukesha, WI
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! Our Corporate Headquarters in Waukesha, WI, is seeking a Senior Engineer for our Value Management Team.
The Senior Engineer, VAVE is responsible for delivering yearly cost savings as defined by the corporate strategy. This person will help develop value engineered cost reduction ideas, manage the implementation, and track and report results to the leadership. This person will also provide engineering input to the product development projects assigned to him/her including interfacing with the cross functional team consisting of engineering, operations (industrial engineering, production, and material procurement), sourcing, quality, service, and marketing.
- Designs, validates, and supports current and new products for cost reduction and value management.
- Identify VAVE opportunities and support successful completion in support of department & divisional goals and objectives
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates a variety of moderately complex components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost (including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk analysis), and safety.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans for a variety of moderately complex products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize moderately complex designs for manufacturability.
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings.
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Acts as a resource to mentor and teach less experienced engineers.
- Travel to other Generac facilities as necessary.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline;
- 5 - 10 years of relevant work experience, including driving design-based cost reduction/value management projects
- Applies engineering knowledge and experience to improve products, services and processes;
- Able to solve complex engineering problems;
- Strong decision-making skills;
- Technical Skills to include 3D modeling (Creo or SolidWorks);
- MS Excel, MS Word;
- Excellent oral and written communication ;
- Experience with machine design.
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP.
- Project/program management experience
- SAVE International Certification (AVS, VMA)
- Experience working cross-functionally (Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain)
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.