To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR
- David Hassis
- Phone: 503-552-6716
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Manager Non-Profit
Creative Financial Staffing • Portland, OR
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
An excellent Accounting Manager opportunity is currently available for a premier higher education non-profit organization here in the Portland metro area. You may be the perfect candidate for this opportunity if you have a minimum of 4+years accounting & analysis experience in the non-profit industry (preferably some exposure in higher education). They will offer you a professional, team-focused environment in a stable and positive work environment and great benefits.
You will be responsible for the majority of the accounting department, and will also provide strong analytical and reporting support. Job duties include the following:
- Analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations
- Provide interpretation of financial policies, governmental legislation, & accounting theory
- Analyze financial information to determine present and future financial performance
- Identify trends and recommends improvements accordingly
- Evaluate complex profit plans, operating records, and financial statements
- Provide analysis relating to budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts
- Make recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies
- Coordinate with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, acquisition activity, new business planning, trended future requirements, government requirements, and operating forecasts
- 4 years of relevant accounting experience, 2 preferably dealing in higher education
- Strong excel skills
- Good communication
- Accounting or business related degree