To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wichita, KS
- Micah Kersting
- Phone: 3162206152
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Summit Finance Group • Wichita, KS
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: Accounting Specialist FLSA status: Non-exempt
Department: Accounting Reports to: Divisional Controller
Office Location: Wichita, KS
Position summary: Responsible for prompt, efficient, and correct processing of daily sales tickets and invoicing of Accounts Receivable serving different lines of business. Responsible for prompt, efficient, and correct set up of vendor invoices to include scanning and attaching documents to invoices for all operating companies.
● Timely and accurate ticket invoicing into ERP
● Timely and accurate scanning and attachment of vendor invoice support
● Timely and accurate payment of vendor invoices
● Customers (internal and external) are satisfied with level of service received
● Invoice material sales tickets in ERP
● Tie material ticket totals to sales volume reports
● Code and route invoices in ERP for proper approval
● Match invoices to purchase orders; reconcile invoice to billing statements
● Release approved, coded invoices to the ERP system for payment
● Process imports and resolve errors
● Research past due statements and make corrections
● Research and resolve AP and AR issues with vendors, customers and company personnel
● Answer inquiries from vendors, customers and employees
● Assist in preparing control documents for use in reconciling accounts
● Assist in preparing materials for annual external audit
● Perform additional duties as directed by supervisor
Essential skills and experience:
● 2 year accounting or business degree, or equivalent experience
● Outstanding time management and organizational skills
● Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
● Strong analytical and follow-up skills with attention to detail
● Strong computer skills
● Strong customer service orientation with a high energy level
● Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide cross section of individuals
● Ability to work under pressure of strict deadlines
● Ability to work in a team environment
● Commitment to company values
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs. Must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, computer terminal and keyboard, facsimile, calculator, and understands computer basics. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Reporting to this position: None
An Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities and Women encouraged to apply.