To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
65 East Butler Avenue
New Britain, PA 18901
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Gilmore & Associates • New Britain, PA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Project Engineer executes technical work assignments and may be responsible for managing municipal projects from start to finish and handling the day-to-day tasks that accompany representing a municipality. They may take an active role with clients and in public meetings, and may also direct junior level staff.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Market, sell and cross-sell professional services for all disciplines and office locations
- Assist Project Manager to establish new and maintain existing relationships with clients, subcontractors, etc.
- Attend required public meetings; Planning Commission, Board of Supervisors, Zoning Hearing Board, etc.
- Provide design services and project management on municipal capital improvement projects
- Prepare Federal and State regulatory permit applications and plans
- Prepare bid plans and specifications
- Perform site investigations, construction observation and field reconnaissance
- Review subdivision and land development plans for compliance with applicable municipal ordinances
- Prioritize and manage multiple clients/projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related area
- Registered Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania
- 4+ years of Municipal Engineering experience
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Some project management experience
- Some experience with managing support staff
- Organized and detailed oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates the highest degree of ethical behavior and candor
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the ability to compose letters and complex reports and to orally communicate technical information to others in public presentations
- Possesses knowledge of the Municipal approval process and is able to interpret ordinance requirements
- Possesses knowledge of the MS4 permitting requirements
- Ability to interact with Federal, State & Local government agencies and officials
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project team
- Able to perform in an environment that requires independent evaluation, judgment and decision making
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate with others to explore alternative solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD (preferably Civil 3D) and hydraulics/hydrology software
Essential Position Requirements:
- Occasional regional travel required
- Ability to work additional and/or nonstandard office hours, as required
Gilmore & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides a competitive compensation structure including a generous benefits plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan.