To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
65 East Butler Avenue
New Britain, PA 18901
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Civil Engineer- Municipal
Gilmore & Associates • New Britain, PA
Posted 10 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Civil Engineer will execute technical work assignments on municipal engineering projects individually or as part of a project team. We are seeking Engineers with all levels of experience, so tasks and responsibilities will vary depending on status of licensure and level of experience.
- Assist with establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with clients, subcontractors, etc.
- Provide design services and/or project management on municipal capital improvement projects
- Prepare Federal and State regulatory permit applications and plans
- Compose letters, memoranda, reports, applications and studies
- Perform site investigations, construction observation and field reconnaissance
- Review subdivision and land development plans for compliance with applicable municipal ordinances
- Attend required public meetings; Planning Commission, Board of Supervisors, Zoning Hearing Board, etc.
- Prioritize and manage multiple clients/projects
- Market, sell and cross-sell professional services for all disciplines and office locations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related area
- 2+ years of municipal engineering experience
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification
- Registered Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Organized and detailed oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the ability to compose letters and complex reports and to orally communicate technical information to others in public presentations
- Possesses knowledge of the Municipal approval process and is able to interpret ordinance requirements
- Ability to interact with Federal, State & Local government agencies and officials
- Experience in municipal engineering plan reviews and infrastructure design
- Some project management experience
- Some experience with managing support staff
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project team
- Demonstrates the highest degree of ethical behavior and candor
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD (preferably Civil 3D) and hydraulics/hydrology software
Essential Position Requirements:
- Occasional regional travel required
- Ability to work additional and/or nonstandard office hours, as required
Gilmore & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides a competitive compensation structure including a generous benefits plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan.