To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
488 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022
- Johanna Rodriguez
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Finance for Nonprofit
Creative Financial Staffing • New York, NY
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is a nonprofit that focuses on mental health issues and recovery is seeking a Director of Accounting to join their organization.
This role will be working directly with the CFO and the firm receives their revenue through Medicaid/Managed Care programs as well as grants.
The responsibilities of the Director of Accounting will be as follows:
- Oversee the day to day accounting functions of the firm including Accounts Payable, Payroll, and General Ledger functions. Manage month end close process including: supervision &/or preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financials and variance analysis (balance sheet, income statement, cash flows, and cash flow forecasts) overall and at grant level.
- Coordinate preparation of supporting schedules, financial statements and notes for external audit and the form 990, CFR.
- Audit work flow to ensure that all accounting transactions are processed accurately and in compliance with procedures.
- Participate in the annual budget process and other budgets and forecasts as required.
Manage and mentor all accounting and billing staff.
Qualifications of the Director of Accounting:
- 5+ years of relevant nonprofit experience with a public/private mix background
- CPA preferred or equivalent designation
- Hands-on experience in any accounting and payroll systems.
- Knowledge of Medicaid/Managed care revenue billings and housing programs.
Keywords: Accountant, Director of Accounting, Controller, Nonprofit, Audit, CPA